Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Season 6 Episode 8 Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,467
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Just a lot of buildup and blue balls.

Battle of Winterfell in episode 9 is gonna be lit.

GRRM dialogue with Blackfish and Jaime was great. Also loved how he told them to go ahead and kill Edmure, he didn't give a fuck. I laughed.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Just a lot of buildup and blue balls.

Battle of Winterfell in episode 9 is gonna be lit.

GRRM dialogue with Blackfish and Jaime was great. Also loved how he told them to go ahead and kill Edmure, he didn't give a fuck. I laughed.
    Blackfish, Queen of Thorns, and the boss ass 10 year old Mormont girl ran that episode. All 3 made the more main characters (Jamie, Cersei, Sansa/Jon) look like fools.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I enjoyed the handsome Lannister fella slap that Frey boy around.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I enjoyed the handsome Lannister fella slap that Frey boy around.

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I actually like the direction the show is going right now, not much action so far but that is about to change it appears.

- Robert Strong is going to destroy fools.
    - Hound back!
    - WTF is going to happen to Arya.
    - Sansa was portrayed as a loser in the last episode, who was that letter to and what was it about?
    - Jamie at Blackfish's Castle.
    - Margery clearly pretending to be a changed person.
    - Some serious battles to come at Winterfell.
    - Bran and The Night's King.
    - Dany and her dragons which she doesn't nurture enough, imo.
  • Options
    Founders Club

He isn't Robert Strong in the show. They aren't even hiding that it's The Mountain, nor did they send a skull to Dorne lol

More Hound is a great thing, but with storylines coming together it seems odd to add in a new one. I'm guessing he joins up with....someone. Arya again? I wish.

Letter had to be to LF, yes? Or Robin Arryn (which is essentially the same thing). I have a horrible fear that her keeping this a secret from Jon is going to get Jon hurt or killed.

Jaime and Blackfish was best scene IMO. Blackfish is a boss.

The fact that they've made it so clear she hasn't turned gives me worry that she will die horribly. Just a feeling.

Which would be worse? UW losing to Oregon for the 13th time in a row in 2016 OR Jon Snow, Sansa, and all the remaining Wildlings dying at Winterfell?

Where is the fucking Tower of Joy resolutionm?

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

He isn't Robert Strong in the show. They aren't even hiding that it's The Mountain, nor did they send a skull to Dorne lol

More Hound is a great thing, but with storylines coming together it seems odd to add in a new one. I'm guessing he joins up with....someone. Arya again? I wish.

Letter had to be to LF, yes? Or Robin Arryn (which is essentially the same thing). I have a horrible fear that her keeping this a secret from Jon is going to get Jon hurt or killed.

The fact that they've made it so clear she hasn't turned gives me worry that she will die horribly. Just a feeling.

Which would be worse? UW losing to Oregon for the 13th time in a row in 2016 OR Jon Snow, Sansa, and all the remaining Wildlings dying at Winterfell?

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

Couple poonts:

Only way to make Arya story line good at this point seems to be bringing in the Hound to wreck shit. Pretty bad ass to watch death axe Hound vs. Zombie Mountain as Arya tries to kill Cersei.

Blackfish is all that is good with having balls so big you need a wheelbarrow to haul them around.

You are right on target with the letter. Not sure who exactly it went to, but it was for aid from the Vale. That's their only chance unless Melissandre goes buck wild and has a brood of shadow babies or the giant morphs into like 10 other giants.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

100% yes.

Why else would she do it in secret without consulting anyone?

Who else can help them?

On another note, the Blackfish is a boss.

Jaime bitch slapping the Frey and dissing their "army" the entire time has to be a build up to him changing sides and helping Brienne in the REAL war. Or else his redemption arc is for nothing.

Why is the Brotherhood slaughtering innocent people? Doesn't make sense beyond a crucible event to turn the Hound back into a killing machine.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Swaye said:

This is probably the nerdiest I have ever sounded in my life. Fuck it.

Just accept it, it's easier that way.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

100% yes.

Who else can help them?

Jaime bitch slapping the Frey and dissing their "army" the entire time has to be a build up to him changing sides and helping Brienne in the REAL war. Or else his redemption arc is for nothing.

Why is the Brotherhood slaughtering innocent people? Doesn't make sense beyond a crucible event to turn the Hound back into a killing machine.
    I think the BWB are Lannister soldiers posing as BWB members. I fucking hope, anyway. Otherwise, bad writing.

Also Jaime saw the Frey leadership. Then he saw Blackfish's. I hope he switches sides.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Predictable shit is predictable.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Swaye said:

Line of the night: "I'm going to go fuck the tits off of that one"

Best scene of the night. Or is it knight? Lol, no that's not funny. I'm an idiot.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

I actually like the direction the show is going right now, not much action so far but that is about to change it appears.

- Robert Strong is going to destroy fools.
    - Hound back!
    - WTF is going to happen to Arya.
    - Sansa was portrayed as a loser in the last episode, who was that letter to and what was it about?
    - Jamie at Blackfish's Castle.
    - Margery clearly pretending to be a changed person.
    - Some serious battles to come at Winterfell.
    - Bran and The Night's King.
    - Dany and her dragons which she doesn't nurture enough, imo.

Yeah those dragons are going to grow up feeling unloved. They might eat some people for revenge
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Too predictable. She's writing to Robin with the idea that she can get him to stab Littlefinger in the back, and gain herself control of the Vale.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

100% yes.

Who else can help them?

I think the BWB are Lannister soldiers posing as BWB members. I fucking hope, anyway. Otherwise, bad writing.

Also Jaime saw the Frey leadership. Then he saw Blackfish's. I hope he switches sides.
    I think it was really them. The one dude even had a yellow cloak, like Lem Lemoncloak from the books.