Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deserved owned

124»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I don't have lots to say with this thread but to call me trigger happy is ridiculous. The few people I've banned I've usually given numerous warnings to the point of almost pleading with them in PMs that they were giving me no alternative.

The Quorndawg banning was a case where I lost my temper and soon after I apologized to him privately and publicly and brought him back. That's the only time I can think of where I didn't follow procedure.

There was a case with ChrisVashon roughly 18 months ago when I was receiving threats and I put a filter on to identify a certain poster's attempts at registering under different handles. But unfortunately it ended up automatically banning innocent posters. Vashon was a guy I didn't like but I never wanted him banned. I emailed him asking him to come back but never got a response. That was around the time Grundle was banned for a few hours. He got swept up by the filter. I quickly disbanded that particular filter.

For the record, I stated about a year ago that if Sven became a Butler Cabin donator I would unban Harv (even though I don't think Harv wants to be here).

*crickets*

The filters work for you. Not the other way around. Can we at least free @AZDuck ? He was Butler Cabin. I think cockus has done his time and doesn't need more. Don't let me go home to dads' basement empty handed here.
    so we're negotiating now?
    That's the problem with Hardcore Husky. We don't make GREAT deals anymore. Trading Boobs for Chest was a GREAT deal. Why can't we make more deals like that? I'll tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna make the BEST deals! I believe in trade, but it has to be a FAIR trade that's slanted heavily in my favor. If we wanna make HH GREAT again we need to start making GREAT deals again!
    You mean Chest for Boobs?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2016

IMO, it's more fun having the #FreeHarv movement than having Harv here.

FREE HARVEY ROAD

This is code for "I am too cheap to contribute because I am saving all my money for photo sessions with Seattle's aging gay population."
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Yes I had to edit that. FUCK OFF!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I don't have lots to say with this thread but to call me trigger happy is ridiculous. The few people I've banned I've usually given numerous warnings to the point of almost pleading with them in PMs that they were giving me no alternative.

The Quorndawg banning was a case where I lost my temper and soon after I apologized to him privately and publicly and brought him back. That's the only time I can think of where I didn't follow procedure.

There was a case with ChrisVashon roughly 18 months ago when I was receiving threats and I put a filter on to identify a certain poster's attempts at registering under different handles. But unfortunately it ended up automatically banning innocent posters. Vashon was a guy I didn't like but I never wanted him banned. I emailed him asking him to come back but never got a response. That was around the time Grundle was banned for a few hours. He got swept up by the filter. I quickly disbanded that particular filter.

For the record, I stated about a year ago that if Sven became a Butler Cabin donator I would unban Harv (even though I don't think Harv wants to be here).

*crickets*

The filters work for you. Not the other way around. Can we at least free @AZDuck ? He was Butler Cabin. I think cockus has done his time and doesn't need more. Don't let me go home to dads' basement empty handed here.
    That's the problem with Hardcore Husky. We don't make GREAT deals anymore. Trading Boobs for Chest was a GREAT deal. Why can't we make more deals like that? I'll tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna make the BEST deals! I believe in trade, but it has to be a FAIR trade that's slanted heavily in my favor. If we wanna make HH GREAT again we need to start making GREAT deals again!
    Our favorite Doog minion hated this trade.

Go figure.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

*crickets*

Our favorite Doog minion hated this trade.

Go figure.
    Which one?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Dardanus said:

Why does it matter whether Harvey Road wants to be here? There's an easy way to find out -- just un-ban him and see if he wants to poast or not.

If he hasn't done anything wrong (other than not being liked by the original bored of investors) it seems like he should be given a chance, considering what others have been allowed to say here.

The whole situation doesn't make sense. He's banned because he needs to ask harder to come back? Or because Sven won't donate? Strange criteria.

There was initial resistance to him being here in 2013 from members of the Bored of Investors. Harv had briefly stalked a family member on Twitter, which we viewed as out of bounds.

In my discussions with Harv, I did tell him he could be an asset here. He scoffed at that and then told me that this website was a good thing and was needed for Husky fans and that he was going to go back to Twitter and would always hate the Huskies (or words to that effect).

And that was that, other than Sven posting FreeHarv in every third post since then.

7,000 poasts (hardy har har) of FreeHarv? That's Chincredible.