Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL So fucking GoT thread (spoilers inside)

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

So these wards that the Children put on their little tree hut before Bran the useless fucked up....I am thinking those are the same wards they talk about in the books on why the dude who rides the big dead elk (can't recall his name and never seen him on the show) can't pass the Wall. Anyway, I am betting the Wall has magic (why the fuck else have the White Walkers been just hanging out north of it for years) wards on it as well, and if Bran escapes and makes it south of the Wall, he will cancel the wards on it as well, allowing the Walkers south to rape everything like a Saturday night in Autzens parking lot.

Sweet. Way to fuck the entire world away Bran you useless tit.

What if Arya gets Jaqen H'ghar's old mission to kill Bloodraven (except now it's Bran) in order to stop the WWs from getting over the wall?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016

Swaye said:

So these wards that the Children put on their little tree hut before Bran the useless fucked up....I am thinking those are the same wards they talk about in the books on why the dude who rides the big dead elk (can't recall his name and never seen him on the show) can't pass the Wall. Anyway, I am betting the Wall has magic (why the fuck else have the White Walkers been just hanging out north of it for years) wards on it as well, and if Bran escapes and makes it south of the Wall, he will cancel the wards on it as well, allowing the Walkers south to rape everything like a Saturday night in Autzens parking lot.

What if Arya gets Jaqen H'ghar's old mission to kill Bloodraven (except now it's Bran) in order to stop the WWs from getting over the wall?
    Then the faceless men would suffer from an extreme case of negligence. Why put an unproven rookie against a huge conflict of interest scenario with the highest stakes imaginable? If that job needed to get done, Jagen would be there slicing Bran in half.

That would be a great dramatic twist though. No way Aria stays true to the faceless men in that scenario. She's one of my favorite characters. As a Stark fanboy, I know this series is not going to end well for me.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Then the faceless men would suffer from an extreme case of negligence. Why put an unproven rookie against a huge conflict of interest scenario with the highest stakes imaginable? If that job needed to get done, Jagen would be there slicing Bran in half.

That would be a great dramatic twist though. No way Aria stays true to the faceless men in that scenario. She's one of my favorite characters. As a Stark fanboy, I know this series is not going to end well for me.
    I think that depends on a few things...is Arya truly no one? Or has she kept her Arya identity hidden and just learned how to fool the other Faceless Men?

And if she IS no one (no longer Arya at all), wouldn't she be totally devoted to the mission/Many Faced God? If anything, her Arya face would grant her access to Bran in order to kill him easier than Jaqen or the Waif.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I think that depends on a few things...is Arya truly no one? Or has she kept her Arya identity hidden and just learned how to fool the other Faceless Men?

And if she IS no one (no longer Arya at all), wouldn't she be totally devoted to the mission/Many Faced God? If anything, her Arya face would grant her access to Bran in order to kill him easier than Jaqen or the Waif.
    I get what your saying, but the faceless men have already proven they have access to her face regardless. If they needed her appearance to fulfill the mission, they would just take it. In the book it's more ambiguous, but the show spoiled it when she hides needle in the rocks. She's clearly a Stark at heart.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I get what your saying, but the faceless men have already proven they have access to her face regardless. If they needed her appearance to fulfill the mission, they would just take it. In the book it's more ambiguous, but the show spoiled it when she hides needle in the rocks. She's clearly a Stark at heart.
    I hope so. But I also hope it is a little more complicated than that she just got all the training and fooled Jaqen the whole time to do it.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Cougzz said:

The "peaceful little children of the forest" were righteously slaughtered by the monsters they created. They did not add depth to the Seven Kingdoms lineup. And Bran better die quick.

Listen buttuckbaabs. Bruce Snyder, one of best Pac coaches of all time started15 freshman his 2nd year, including true freshman Jake plummer. The similarities between ASU and UW are astonishingly similar. 6-8 all pac10 LT juan rouque , member him? Of course not, but mirror image to trey adams.

His 5th year, he came within a play of the national title. It takes 4-5years to build a program, Bruce Snyder did it twice. Get that through your fucking skull. Cant build a program from scratch in 3 years. It DOESNT happen.

You show daily, what an ill informed loon you are baabs. Its embarrassing to read.
    Then he fucked up and stopped recruiting.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Am I the only one who hates the Urine Greyjoy casting choice? The Crow's Eye should be an old pirate (I was hoping this would be Ian McShane's role.) Why the hell does Balon look like he's 75 and his brother looks like he's 25?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Euron is already more interesting than Ramsay ever was.

Also, I was extremely unsettled by Varys being told things he doesn't already know. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi true?!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

Also, I was extremely unsettled by Varys being told things he doesn't already know. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi true?!

Varys know all there is to know. Just as I know all there is to know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

That was the first challenging moment for Varys and I was shocked at how weak his poker face was.

For a man who has navigated himself to the top of the food chain, i'm sure he's learned by now to hold in his emotions while being delivered unsettling news.

Maybe he is a man (eunuch) who has been so affected by the cruelties of man he can't imagine the concept of divinity. But if there was ever a moment for him to be stoic and hold character, that was it.

The more I think about it, the two underdog characters who've played the game most aggressively, unpredictably, and accurately were both befuddled for the first time in this episode. It can't be a coincidence. Sansa calling out Littlefinger and Varys being schooled by a goddess brought both of them back to their humble beginnings.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    No way it was a coincidence. Well put.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Is it weird that I would bang meera in this episode?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

It's not time travel you nerds. Time isn't linear it is a circle and shit. So Bran didn't travel into the past because Bran exists everywhere at once.

There is no past, present, or future, only Brandon Stark of Winterfell.

I get that's the narrative, but it's still sci-fi bullshit. He's everywhere and nowhere and his dead father can hear him whisper in the wind before he was a gleam in Catlyn's eye... get the fuck out with that bullshit.
    You know this is fiction, right?
    Technically it's Fantasy, Dragons and whatnot.
    Ah fantasy, an even lower threshold for reality.

But it could be sci-fi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kwZ_7M3o0
    If you can't see time travel plot lines fuck up every good story with promise, I can't help you. I wouldn't mind a story that followed from the first breach of time/space, but when a key character gets a clue from an event that hasn't happened yet and it affects the main narrative it's bothersome and cheap.

HODOR = HOLD THE DOOR felt like some season 5 LOST bullshit. What do the numbers mean? Oh it was all cheap coincidence. Cool. Next...

I still love the books/show, but the potential to fuck up this epic story is trending very high between HBO + R.R's inevitable heart attack.
    I do worry that RR dies before completing this. And then all we have are notes and the idiots at HBOs version. To be fair, they are doing a much better job with this season than that bullshit last year.
    Sark > Ty POTD
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Is it weird that I would bang meera in this episode?

I knew you liked the Frogeaters
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It's not time travel you nerds. Time isn't linear it is a circle and shit. So Bran didn't travel into the past because Bran exists everywhere at once.

There is no past, present, or future, only Brandon Stark of Winterfell.

This is the only explanation that makes sense.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Rickon locked in a dungeon in Winterfell doesn't count lol
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Rickon locked in a dungeon in Winterfell doesn't count lol

What about his flayed corpse?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    With all the different characters leaving the wall, I'm guessing that some of the Feast For Crows plots start here:

- Pod and She-hulk wandering around and eventually getting caught up with Lady Stoneheart

-Davos ending up imprisoned in White Harbor(?) or whatever the place was

-Jaime in the riverlands. I predict that Circe will find out about Sansa trying to take back Winterfell and will send Jaime to go after the Blackfish
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

With all the different characters leaving the wall, I'm guessing that some of the Feast For Crows plots start here:

- Pod and She-hulk wandering around and eventually getting caught up with Lady Stoneheart

-Davos ending up imprisoned in White Harbor(?) or whatever the place was

-Jaime in the riverlands. I predict that Circe will find out about Sansa trying to take back Winterfell and will send Jaime to go after the Blackfish

Really? I actually think that D&D have decided to completely scrap all three of those story lines. Jaime has been wasting time in KL's when he could have been in the Riverlands for the last two seasons, but I think now with the Faith Militant conflict beginning to boil over he'll finally play a role again. Not to mention if the Blackfish and the rest of the Tully bannermen are in fact heading north, there won't be anything actually happening in the Riverlands.

I'm not sure what Davos's significance will be going forward (maybe Jon's hand?), but I'm guessing White Harbor is going to be one of the first stops for Jon's entire company, and they'll add the Manderlys into their alliance with a quick visit in one of the next few episodes. Unfortunately I don't think we'll have any Frey pie kind of moment, but I'll get a raging hard-on if I end up being wrong on that. With Rickon now captive at Winterfell, we of course won't get any Davos trip to Skagos, which was something I was really looking forward to in the books.

As for LSH, I'm not sure if she'll ever be revealed in the show. Hell, we know she's around for all of AFFC and ADWD, yet she does close to nothing during the entire span of those books, so I'm not convinced she even has a significant role in the book story. Further, we've already had Jon revived by the Red God, having another major character from the same family getting the same revival would be cheap and redundant for show watchers.