Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL So fucking GoT thread (spoilers inside)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NOW THAT'S MORE FUCKING LIKE IT
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Beyond the ending, Ramsay Bolton is what made that episode great. Absolutely cold blooded.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I WATCHIG VIGKINS!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Founders Club
    JON SNOW IS BACK BITCHES!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Roose got got man. Should've known that his Frankenstein spawn would turn on him at some point.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    FUCK TO THE YES.

I knew when they kept showing Ghost just laying there a few times when Melisandre was doing her thing that he was going to come back. They used Ghost perfectly, exactly how I was basically hoping it would happen; Ghost waking up with Jon.

FUCK YES
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    That was a great episode. Still hasn't made up for Dorne suck fest last season, but that was good shit. Also, spirit fingers was all amped up from the show and screwed me right afterwards, so that was another bonus. If any show gets my resident piece of ass lubed and ready, it goes up one level on the kick ass meter.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    r+l=j confirmed
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Liked:

TOJ flashback and Bran/Bloodraven argument- action scene was decent and it's nice to see someone who is praised as a great fighter actually kick ass. Bran's story is one of the best this year.

The Wall- strongest storyline yet again. Kit really impressed me and the last scene was great. Also, Alliser's last words were cool and perfectly summed him up as a character.

Arya- the training montage was really neat, and now that she has her sight again hopefully her storyline will pick up.

Winterfell- I actually liked Smalljon and understood his reasoning for betraying the Starks, though f-ck them for killing Shaggydog.

Qyburn- his scene with the little "birds" and Cersei showing her vicious side was good.

Indifferent:

Dany- meh

Sam and Gilly- meh

Varys- at first I liked how he was being pretty threatening, but then he resorted to good guy Varys once again.

Disliked:

Tyrion/Grey Worm/Missandei- are we really f-cking wasting time on this?

Rickon and Osha being captured- Ok, I actually do kind of like this since it does add a lot of tension and personal stakes, but if they end up being brutally murdered, you have to start wondering what the point was.

Overall, solid episode. Not as enthralling as last weeks, but set the stage nice for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Where was Hightower at the Tower of Joy?

STOP KILLING DIREWOLVES!!!

Although the Umbers are super loyal to the Starks so I'm curious what's going on there.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hope Sam and Gilly sink. Useless story arc.

Can Arya please start killing mother fuckers?

I had forgotten Rickon even existed. He ded.

I liked the line from Jon "My watch has ended" and then just walk the fuck out. I am using that the next time I quit or get fired.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Where the hell is Littlefinger?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    This season has sucked ass so far.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It seems to me that all the plot lines will find themselves coming to a head on a singular field of battle, and just as the war of all wars is about to rage, the sun will explode and they will all die a sudden fiery death.

The end.

- R.R. Martin
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This season has sucked ass so far.

Needs.more.ass.

And tits. Definitely more tits.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not sure how they can finish the story at this pace, and planned shortened future seasons.

We don't need to see Sam and Gilly traveling, repeating shit we already know, just show them getting there. We don't need to see pointless conversations with Tyrion and Grey Worm and Missandei. The only new thing we know about Mereen is that Volantis is also conspiring to overthrow Dany and restore slavery. 3 episodes in and Dany is just now getting to Vaes Dothrak...at this rate she won't get rescued by Drogon until the finale. And everyone knew Jon was coming back, not sure why we had to wait until this episode for it to finally happen. Tower of Joy was cool, but again, they left it hanging unfinished instead of wrapping shit up so we can get on with it.

The stuff in the North was actually cool. The young Bolton/Karstark/Umber alliance is actually interesting. Small Jon calling Roose a cunt was hilarious. Plus Rickon is BACK.

But most important, there were zero tits in this episode. None. Not even some side boob from Dany when she got her clothes stripped off.

At least Oly fucking died.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    https://medium.com/@lincolnboehm/a-song-of-ice-and-hot-takes-bb08abc82efe#.7y5hu6ycz

good read, curious to see if others agree with oathbreaker #1 (i hope so)