Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach K denies telling Oregon's Dillon Brooks to stop showing off

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Dumbest minor "incident" turned in to sports radio and internet fodder for three days (at least) in history

Who the fuck cares? Seriously. People are acting like Coach K raped his mom. I don't like Puke or Coach K at all, but get over it media. "Oh my god! He said 'You're better than that!' The nerve! Call Geraldo!!"

Agreed. Much worse is said before, during and after every fucking game in every fucking sport. Big fucking deal. Harbaugh says worse shit to every HC he faces every week.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes

Dumbest minor "incident" turned in to sports radio and internet fodder for three days (at least) in history

Who the fuck cares? Seriously. People are acting like Coach K raped his mom. I don't like Puke or Coach K at all, but get over it media. "Oh my god! He said 'You're better than that!' The nerve! Call Geraldo!!"

Did he lie about raping his mom?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not a big deal, it's just a smudge on the facade that Coach K is a classy saint.

He had a moment of butthurt. Lied about it to the media, essentially using his rep as a way to discredit Brooks' statement (on Trial 99.9% of people take his word over Brooks'). Then got exposed when the videos surfaced.

He made a typical classy apology that painted the situation as a misunderstanding between his brain and his mouth, when in fact he was straight up lying to save face.

• Options
    Doogles said:

It's not a big deal, it's just a smudge on the facade that Coach K is a classy saint.

He had a moment of butthurt. Lied about it to the media, essentially using his rep as a way to discredit Brooks' statement (on Trial 99.9% of people take his word over Brooks'). Then got exposed when the videos surfaced.

He made a typical classy apology that painted the situation as a misunderstanding between his brain and his mouth, when in fact he was straight up lying to save face.

bingo. and I still don't care.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

People are so soft and pussified. The shot clock was expiring and he hit a three. And his coach told him to shoot.

I've never really understood why playing to the end is frowned upon.

One of the great myths of American sports is that Coach K is a saint of the highest classiness.

Are his five titles a myth too?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who really thinks Coach K is a saint? He's the best college basketball coach after Wooden and seems to run a clean program. That's why he's respected.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who really thinks Coach K is a saint? He's the best college basketball coach after Wooden and seems to run a clean program. That's why he's respected.

Can't argue with your post. But to lecture an opposing team's player after a loss is bullshit. Then lie about about it is the cherry on the top. Great coach, legit d-bag.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

People are so soft and pussified. The shot clock was expiring and he hit a three. And his coach told him to shoot.

I've never really understood why playing to the end is frowned upon.

One of the great myths of American sports is that Coach K is a saint of the highest classiness.

Are his five titles a myth too?
    You, me and Jimmy Johnson, the latter of whom get a lot of shit for it. Like in so manybtijng, JJ was ahead if his time.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyInAZ said:

Can't argue with your post. But to lecture an opposing team's player after a loss is bullshit. Then lie about about it is the cherry on the top. Great coach, legit d-bag.
    OKG
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

Great coach, legit d-bag.
    Where can Washington find one of those?

Nice guys finish last in everything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beat everyone in sight for 30 years and they all hate you? Who knew?