Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW vs Oakland gamethread

2»

Comments

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MakaDawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Dumb coach, dumb players, not the best combination.

Fuck Romar. He should have been fired years ago, but there are good fucking players on this team that know how to play the game of basketball (you're a stupid bitch if you can't see that). That's what makes this shit so fucking irritating.

Pool boy is a fucking pussy.

Fuck Romar? You bet. But Andrews really played a dumb game, as did Chriss. They may know how to play the game, but they forgot today. Chriss doesn't give me indigestion, as he's just a pup. Andrews...not so much.

4 fucks in a single post, plus a bitch and a pussy. Impressive. It's really cool how you can cuss up a storm on the the interwebs.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

MakaDawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Fuck Romar. He should have been fired years ago, but there are good fucking players on this team that know how to play the game of basketball (you're a stupid bitch if you can't see that). That's what makes this shit so fucking irritating.

Fuck Romar? You bet. But Andrews really played a dumb game, as did Chriss. They may know how to play the game, but they forgot today. Chriss doesn't give me indigestion, as he's just a pup. Andrews...not so much.

4 fucks in a single post, plus a bitch and a pussy. Impressive. It's really cool how you can cuss up a storm on the the interwebs.
    Hi,

Romar has coached Andrews for five (!) years. He is the guy Romar wants to run the point.

If Andrews sucks, who is really to blame?
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    HuskyInAZ said:

MakaDawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Yes, the interwebs is the only place I can release my pent up vulgarity since I'm stuck in my mom's basement all day. Isn't that how it fucking goes?

Agreed on Andrews, but he's a lost cause... like Romar.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    MakaDawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Mildly disagree with this.

There are talented players on this team, but they don't know how to fucking play basketball at the highest levels (look at dribble penetration, amount of reaching on defense, ball watching vs man watching leading to backdoor cuts, etc).

The problem is that a good coach breaks the young kids down and builds them up to be better players. Romar's really never shown a track record of doing that.

Oakland isn't a great team, but they aren't a joke of a team. They are one of the better teams in their conference and when they do get into the NCAAs they normally give somebody a pretty good game. They looked significantly more fundamentally sound and with a sound clue of what they were trying to do the entire game.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    the problem is that a coach after 13 years shouldn't have an entire roster of freshman who will regularly struggle with the things you mention. All frosh struggle with playing real basketball and doing the basics such as team defense, being lazy, etc. Romar however ran off anyone with a pulse.

Secondly, whether it's freshman or seniors, elite talent or not, romar blows as a head coach on game days. As evidenced by his regular egg laying against garbage teams at home. He should be an assistant somewhere, recruit(which is what he's best at), and allow someone with a clue how to form a team.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Is there any Coach in the country who has achieved less with the type players Romar has had? If you look at the number of NBA players that have come through here the last decade, and then the on court results, it has to be some sort of record for wasting top shelf talent.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

it would hurt more if I cared like I used to..

This with a bullet.