Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don James Reflects on Boise Game and Dazzling New Husky Stadium

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageDon James Reflects on Boise Game and Dazzling New Husky Stadium

The former Washington football coach gives his thoughts on Saturday's big victory over the Broncos, and his appreciation for beautifully renovated Husky Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Pieces like this is why this site is top tier! Great to hear from James and really awesome that Mike Lude was able to be there as well.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Great read, thanks.
    Glad to know that Lude was there with James to take it all in.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,517
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FOURTH!!!111!!!!!111

GRAA - seriously, good job with the interviews, Derek. It's great to hear from the old Dawgs and get their perspective.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    "James felt the Husky defense needs to get sturdier up front in the middle. But overall, he liked what he saw."

Come on, Coach. Water is wet.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    I'd sure rather read about what Don James thinks then the latest cock gobbling sycophant piece about Sark from the Retard Army at Doogfarm.

GRAA DJ
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sidenote:

When you take out teen boy stalking and Kim's stupid pictures, this site already has more real content than Doogfarm. Win.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Sidenote:

When you take out teen boy stalking and Kim's stupid pictures, this site already has more real content than Doogfarm. Win.

True, but I thought (and still do) that Greg Biggins and Brandon Huffman are pretty good recruiting analysts/reporters. I used to love it when eklund would post some ridiculous rumor about a recruit, and Biggins would say, "Hmmm...hadn't heard that."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Swaye said:

Sidenote:

True, but I thought (and still do) that Greg Biggins and Brandon Huffman are pretty good recruiting analysts/reporters. I used to love it when eklund would post some ridiculous rumor about a recruit, and Biggins would say, "Hmmm...hadn't heard that."
    Dawgman doesn't work for Biggins, Biggins works for Dawgman.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Swaye said:

Sidenote:

I had been banned/left by the time Biggins really came onboard, but I believe you. His work at ESPN was professional and good.

The thing is, I like recruiting from the "see who we got on signing day and hope for the future perspective," but I was never into the stalk these kids for months and months before they pick a school bullshit and look at the #twats and stuff. It took me years (I'm dumb) to realize that Doogfarm was primarily a teen stalking self help group. Nothing wrong with being into recruiting I suppose, I just wasn't as much, so it was one more reason for me to bail (though inaccurate "reporting" and thought police mentality were MUCH larger reasons).

I would MUCH rather read what Don James (or any old players, etc) think about the program, than hear Eklund spout utter bullshit about some 17 year old kid 8 months before signing day.

Don't get me wrong, come NSD, I like to hear that we signed some great Best in the West type kids, especially OL/DL, which never happens at UW, but I just couldn't give two shits about following it all year long.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    There is no point in even looking at recruiting until the 3rd week of January, and even then I could do as well as eklund with a dartboard.