Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coug excuses

Leach said, “Portland State deserves a lot of credit. They’ve got a bunch of seniors. Those guys hung together when they faced adversity. They just waited it out and worked their way through it, and we never really did that. We got impatient, tried to make too much happen.”

Wicks and wide receiver Gabe Marks said some Cougars let the rainy weather distract them.
“Guys started to worry about what the conditions were more than the game,” Marks said.
Wicks agreed, saying, “It seemed like everybody was bothered by the weather instead of just playing the game.”
Quarterback Peyton Bender said, “I’d be lying to you if I said weather didn’t play a factor. Guys were dropping balls probably because it was wet.”

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

WE came ready to play. They didn't.

Case closed.

Really enjoying today, aren't you?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

Leach said, “Portland State deserves a lot of credit. They’ve got a bunch of seniors. Those guys hung together when they faced adversity. They just waited it out and worked their way through it, and we never really did that. We got impatient, tried to make too much happen.”

Wicks and wide receiver Gabe Marks said some Cougars let the rainy weather distract them.
    “Guys started to worry about what the conditions were more than the game,” Marks said.
    Wicks agreed, saying, “It seemed like everybody was bothered by the weather instead of just playing the game.”
    Quarterback Peyton Bender said, “I’d be lying to you if I said weather didn’t play a factor. Guys were dropping balls probably because it was wet.”

Toss in this...
    kirstencoug
    Bohler Gym Club
    948 posts this site
    X
    Re: I wonder what pregame locker room atmosphere is like
    5:34 PM
    That was a horrible turnout by Coug fans. What with the fires and the confusion relating to the fires and the forecast for rain I expected a crowd of +- 20,000. I'll bet there weren't 10,000 people on hand for this stinker. Message to Coug players from Coug fans = "we don't give a damn whether you win or lose"
    I support the undefeated Coug fans on this one.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hey guys. Rain in Pullman is rare. Way worse than snow. Combine that with the senior laden PSU Vikes and u can't blame Leach and the kids for losing a hard fought battle. Leach has them on the right track.

We caught a break with the weather. No question.
    Quite honestly?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

Toss in this...
    kirstencoug
    Bohler Gym Club
    948 posts this site
    X
    Re: I wonder what pregame locker room atmosphere is like
    5:34 PM
    That was a horrible turnout by Coug fans. What with the fires and the confusion relating to the fires and the forecast for rain I expected a crowd of +- 20,000. I'll bet there weren't 10,000 people on hand for this stinker. Message to Coug players from Coug fans = "we don't give a damn whether you win or lose"
    We're just lucky those kids decided to come out of the tunnel at all.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Hey guys. Rain in Pullman is rare. Way worse than snow. Combine that with the senior laden PSU Vikes and u can't blame Leach and the kids for losing a hard fought battle. Leach has them on the right track.

The phrase "senior-laden PSU Vikes" gave me a LOL
    Unlike some teams from the state of Washington, we think it's a good idea to avoid being too young every year.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

TommySQC said:

WE came ready to play. They didn't.

Case closed.

Really enjoying today, aren't you?

Biggest win in school history. I think it's allowed.
    Just pace yourself. I'm beginning to worry.
  • Options
    Mike_LeechMike_Leech Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2015

TommySQC said:

Maybe they were distracted by the weather because THE FUCKING TEAM PUT UP A TENT FOR THE RECEIVERS TO STAND UNDER TO GET OUT OF THE RAIN. Softest shit I've ever seen.
    Well what do ya mean @CokeGreaterThanPepsi ? When it rains your hands get wet, so we put a tent out there to cover the players, so their hands wouldn't get wet. Water is wet. They dropped a lot of balls. Not really sure if the tent helped or not, kinda hard to tell really.