Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More on Sark @UW, post from Notre Dame Bored

We already know most of these stories. The Army AA one is not true, its totally embellished based from a first-hand account. The other ones we've heard about. LOL...Tequilla Steve and Johnny Patron!

I attended UW for undergrad before heading to ND for graduate school. I could litter this board with stories of Sark's shenanigans. A few that immediately come to mind, and understand these are well known within UW circles:

-- At an Army All American H.S. game, Sark and his assistants (Wilcox, Sirmon, and of course wingman Nansen) rented a party bus, showed up extremely inebriated, and then proceeded to get kicked out.

-- The week of the Oregon game in 2011, Sark and Nansen took about six sorority co-eds out on Lake Washington until the wee hours of the night, got absolutely hammered. Scott Woodward (AD) was seen berating him the following morning about it. Two days later, UW played hated rival UO and honored the 1991 national championship team at halftime. Like every time Sark played Oregon, he got blown out and cried in the locker room afterwards.

-- He was a regular at a bar/restaurant called Joey's, where he was famously known as "Tequila Steve" with Nansen being "Johnny Patron." Sark was involved/dating at least one of their waitresses. He was married this entire time.

-- Sark also got drunk at the great Don James' funeral. He tried to start a 'Go Huskies' chant at the memorial, offending everyone in attendance. This is when I think the old/big money finally had it with him.

Boosters gathered like sharks to buy out his contract after his 3 game losing streak in 2013 (he had a 3 game blowout losing streak all 5 of his years there), but Pat Haden stepped in and saved the day.

I will give Sark credit though, he is an *incredible* salesman who has gotten so, so much out of accomplishing nothing besides Not Being Tyrone Willingham.

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=cartier;pid=382960;d=all

Comments