Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott Wolff drops a bomb on Sark

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150823/usc-coach-steve-sarkisian-apologizes-for-behavior-at-football-dinner

Says Sark boozed in the locker room after road games, said he also did so at UW.

Wolff is a troll, but I could see this gaining steam. Non-trivial chance Sark gets DAO before the end of this season, maybe before it even starts.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Meek said:

begs a new poll...which tarmac will Sark be canned on?

For once, Cal is not too damn high on a list:
    Sat, Oct 17 at Notre Dame
    Sat, Oct 31 at California
    Fri, Nov 13 at Colorado
    Sat, Nov 21 at Oregon
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They aren't firing Sark before the season. They have (false) aspirations of winning the PAC 12. A bad season though and Sark getting fired wouldn't be a surprise.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

They aren't firing Sark before the season. They have (false) aspirations of winning the PAC 12. A bad season though and Sark getting fired wouldn't be a surprise.

Maybe not, but I think they start the season 2-2 and after that he could be canned at any moment.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Again, another profile in courage.

Love how Orgeron spins the knife.

I am sure our favorite fat Armenian drunk will realize how bad he fucked up, and keep his shit straight ... until the next time.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Here is my take on what happened. I think Sark is usually better at controlling himself in public, especially at an event like that.

But I don't think that it helped that it happened after what was widely reported as a terrible scrimmage for his offense. He was very short after practice about the offensive performance, and we already know that all he cares about is his offense.

I think he realizes that he is screwed this season. People are expecting them to be a top 10 team and compete for the CFP simply because they are USC and because Sark has recruited so well. He knows that he is shit out of luck this season and he took it out on the booze.

Unfortunately for us I do not believe we will get to see him coach a game at Husky Stadium.

Yeah I'd love to see him and that gangly fuck Max Brown next year in husky stadium but I think odds are at least 50-50 he doesn't make it to next season. I think he needs 10 wins to get to next season. Less than 9 and he's gone.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Here is my take on what happened. I think Sark is usually better at controlling himself in public, especially at an event like that.

But I don't think that it helped that it happened after what was widely reported as a terrible scrimmage for his offense. He was very short after practice about the offensive performance, and we already know that all he cares about is his offense.

I think he realizes that he is screwed this season. People are expecting them to be a top 10 team and compete for the CFP simply because they are USC and because Sark has recruited so well. He knows that he is shit out of luck this season and he took it out on the booze.

Unfortunately for us I do not believe we will get to see him coach a game at Husky Stadium.

Yeah I'd love to see him and that gangly fuck Max Brown next year in husky stadium but I think odds are at least 50-50 he doesn't make it to next season. I think he needs 10 wins to get to next season. Less than 9 and he's gone.
    He's gone.

Scenario 1:

Having a good year ... he'll overlook Oregon ... and get beat by the usual 22.

He then will get waxed by UCLA ...

And fired

Scenario 2:

Sark is Sark ..

Gets fired.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I saw the schedule this year and immediately thought SC would be 8-4. They may have 10 win talent ... but Seven will piss a few games away that a good coach would win.

I tend to agree with Pepsi and Chest that Seven doesn't make it to next year now. I could see him spinning the youth and sanctions card if there were some close losses and nothing terrible showed up off the field. But if he pulls down an 8 win season that includes a few of his typical plungerings, then I don't see how Haden considers him worth the effort to retain.

For better or worse, Seven has painted himself into a corner where results are going to matter now.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This kind of sucks. Just imagine what an actual coach could do with the talent on the roster at USC. OTOH, Sark burned up a lot of the talent he brought to UW and left the cupboard bare, so there's hope
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    confused on why you would just suspend him for the year and not fire him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

confused on why you would just suspend him for the year and not fire him.

No shit. If you have to suspend your coach longer than two games at the absolut most he needs to be door. ass. out.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    The funny thing is why would you expect Haden to make a good hire? I know we're all rooting for Siete to make it through to next year, but even if you fire him and hire someone even vaguely competent USC is probably DOA until 2017 regardless.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The funny thing is why would you expect Haden to make a good hire? I know we're all rooting for Siete to make it through to next year, but even if you fire him and hire someone even vaguely competent USC is probably DOA until 2017 irregardless.

It's going to be hard for him to do worse though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The funny thing is why would you expect Haden to make a good hire? I know we're all rooting for Siete to make it through to next year, but even if you fire him and hire someone even vaguely competent USC is probably DOA until 2017 irregardless.

I'm hearing Kevin Sumlin may have a 9-3 kind of season in the SEC!!! and it may or may not be interested to see what he has to say IF USC comes around talking again with a nice raise.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Not only Sark, but Enfied was an even more egregious hire. I know they don't give a shit about hoops, but still...