Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ted Miller FS

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Here's how I see the games in this hypothetical bullshit:

Alabama 31
    Oregon 20

Auburn 69
    USC -0

UCLA 31
    Georgia 28

LSU 41
    ASU 30

Ole Miss 21
    Stanford 17

Arkansas 35
    Arizona 14

Utah 24
    Missouri 14

Stanford beats #MyRebs, otherwise, agree.

Bump
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Alabama 31
    Oregon 20

Auburn 69
    USC -0

UCLA 31
    Georgia 28

LSU 41
    ASU 30

Ole Miss 21
    Stanford 17

Arkansas 35
    Arizona 14

Utah 24
    Missouri 14

You gave ASU waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2015
    PurpleJ said:

Alabama 31
    Oregon 20

Auburn 69
    USC -0

UCLA 31
    Georgia 28

LSU 41
    ASU 30

Ole Miss 21
    Stanford 17

Arkansas 35
    Arizona 14

Utah 24
    Missouri 14

I agree Bamama would beat Oregon because Oregon does not have a defensive coordinator. But I'm almost certain that Oregin would hang more than 20 on any team in the vaunted SeC.

Interested to see what effect kaumatule will have. Supposed to be the second coming of haloti ngata. Yeah they still have Buckner but they were not getting to the Qb yesterday. I think they have talent at. Corner but they are overall thin in the d backfield. Oregin needs a stout d line if they want to make any kind of run. The kid is supposed to be a monster and d1 ready. I expected to see him yesterday.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Alabama 31
    Oregon 20

Auburn 69
    USC -0

UCLA 31
    Georgia 28

LSU 41
    ASU 30

Ole Miss 21
    Stanford 17

Arkansas 35
    Arizona 14

Utah 24
    Missouri 14

I agree Bamama would beat Oregon because Oregon does not have a defensive coordinator. But I'm almost certain that Oregin would hang more than 20 on any team in the vaunted SeC.

Interested to see what effect kaumatule will have. Supposed to be the second coming of haloti ngata. Yeah they still have Buckner but they were not getting to the Qb yesterday. I think they have talent at. Corner but they are overall thin in the d backfield. Oregin needs a stout d line if they want to make any kind of run. The kid is supposed to be a monster and d1 ready. I expected to see him yesterday.
    Did you watch the Bama game?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Alabama 31
    Oregon 20

Auburn 69
    USC -0

UCLA 31
    Georgia 28

LSU 41
    ASU 30

Ole Miss 21
    Stanford 17

Arkansas 35
    Arizona 14

Utah 24
    Missouri 14

Did you watch the Bama game?
    No. Just the recap. Doesn't matter. I get it. Bama has a stout defense blah blah blah. Oregon did better than 20 against LSU with the honey badger and against a pretty damn good Msu defense last year and could have hung 80 on fsu.

Don't get it twisted: I dont think Oregon wins or even threatens but 20 pts is nothing for that offense no matter who they're playing. I'm just challenging your score not the outcome.

I don't think bamers could repeat what osu did, which also involved some unforced individual bad play by Oregons skill players. Uncovered Dummy dropping the ball at the three Yard line alone makes it 27. With Addison back they are going to score.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Bama has more than one Joey

• Options

42 -35. Bamers rbs, combined, barely broke a Hundy. There are arguments out there to get you where you want to go. I don't think this is one of them.

Besides, Blake is good for at least three picks and five more super stupid plays, even against Oregon, and that alone likely gets the ducks two scores. And he doesn't have cooper to bail him out anymore.

Give me a break.

If osu plays bamers 10 times they likely start beating them progressively worse each time. Bama was a flawed team last season. At least make them them prove it out over three or so games before assuming they're indestructible. Osu just scored another TD against wisky to make it an even 100, so color me "wait and see" based on yesterday.

• Options

42 -35. Bamers rbs, combined, barely broke a Hundy. There are arguments out there to get you where you want to go. I don't think this is one of them.

Besides, Blake is good for at least three picks and five more super stupid plays, even against Oregon, and that alone likely gets the ducks two scores. And he doesn't have cooper to bail him out anymore.

Give me a break.

If osu plays bamers 10 times they likely start beating them progressively worse each time. Bama was a flawed team last season. At least make them them prove it out over three or so games before assuming they're indestructible. Osu just scored another TD against wisky to make it an even 100, so color me "wait and see" based on yesterday.

Bama's flaws are a lot more manageable than Oregon's flaws. HTH
  • Options

Give me a break.

Fuck off and follow the thread. 20 pts is nothing for Oregon. The flaws you speak of are on the other side of the ball.

Hope that helps.
  • Options

Give me a break.

Fuck off and follow the thread. 20 pts is nothing for Oregon. The flaws you speak of are on the other side of the ball.

Hope that helps.
    This thread is too shitty to follow now.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Give me a break.

Sims isn't the quarterback anymore
  • Options

Give me a break.

Hope that helps.
    This thread is too shitty to follow now.
    That's fair.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    dhdawg said:

Give me a break.

Sims isn't the quarterback anymore
    take back the two scores then. that kid was mistake prone even with Amari Cooper. w/o Sims it has to be addition by subtraction alone.

still say Oregon can over 20+ pts. on anyone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I call bullshit creep coog.

How many points did they put up on Auburn? 19? I think this Bama defense might be even better than that, and this is not the same Oregon offense as those teams that Chip had.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

How many points did they put up on Auburn? 19? I think this Bama defense might be even better than that, and this is not the same Oregon offense as those teams that Chip had.

Yeah 19 in 2011. You don't know shit about this Bama defense yet and that Oregon offense had fewer weapons than the current iterations. Jeff Maehl was the main threat outside and I'll take Freeman et al over LaMike. Over time, like it or not, Oregon is becoming less and less about scheme and more and more about recruiting talent. It's obvious.

Pretty safe to say the ducks would put up more than 20 on anyone. Winning is another matter.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Yeah 19 in 2011. You don't know shit about this Bama defense yet and that Oregon offense had fewer weapons than the current iterations. Jeff Maehl was the main threat outside and I'll take Freeman et al over LaMike. Over time, like it or not, Oregon is becoming less and less about scheme and more and more about recruiting talent. It's obvious.

Pretty safe to say the ducks would put up more than 20 on anyone. Winning is another matter.
    Change your opinion to 19 or more and you got a deal.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Nope. OSU's D held Bamers very much in check, keeping their passing to like 230 yds. (and that was with the very best WR in the country) and their running game to just over a hundy. Oregon, who played like shit and made all manner of unforced error, passed for 330+ and did slightly better than Bamers in the run game w/o a big running night from Mariota. Freeman never showed up but Tyner averaged over 6 yds. per carry. If Stanford doesn't drop a pass that Mariota had the gall to throw right to him, it's easily 27. Odds are they can do that against Bama.

Oregon's biggest problem in that game was the OSU running game, which kept their offense off the field for most of the 3rd quarter. OSU almost doubled Oregon's TOP for the game.

Bottom line - when the other guy's RB clips you for 2fity, your offense is going to be limited. And even then, Oregon moved the ball.

Until they replace Pellum, Oregon will not threaten a title run again and will have to settle for P12 championships. Nice guy I'm sure, apparently a good recruiter, but he's not a coordinator. That seal block kept happening all night long, and he was bewildered as to what to do about it. A good D coordinator at least makes them do something else, and he didn't.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Nope. OSU's D held Bamers very much in check, keeping their passing to like 230 yds. (and that was with the very best WR in the country) and their running game to just over a hundy. Oregon, who played like shit and made all manner of unforced error, passed for 330+ and did slightly better than Bamers in the run game w/o a big running night from Mariota. Freeman never showed up but Tyner averaged over 6 yds. per carry. If Stanford doesn't drop a pass that Mariota had the gall to throw right to him, it's easily 27. Odds are they can do that against Bama.

Oregon's biggest problem in that game was the OSU running game, which kept their offense off the field for most of the 3rd quarter. OSU almost doubled Oregon's TOP for the game.

Bottom line - when the other guy's RB clips you for 2fity, your offense is going to be limited. And even then, Oregon moved the ball.

Until they replace Pellum, Oregon will not threaten a title run again and will have to settle for P12 championships. Nice guy I'm sure, apparently a good recruiter, but he's not a coordinator. That seal block kept happening all night long, and he was bewildered as to what to do about it. A good D coordinator at least makes them do something else, and he didn't.
    5. Time of Possession
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

5. Time of Possession
    Of course, it's all possible. But the odds, in my view, are low that Bama recreates that exact same game.

With Addison back, and the addition of what appears to be some great RB talent to go w/ Freeman, they can cover 20 against Bamers. Lesser offenses, including that abortion aka Florida, managed to do so in 2014.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Auburn's defense was near the bottom in the SEC that year, everyone including Thomas was able to throw the ball on them. Alabama's defense is vastly superior, they would swallow Oregon whole.