Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Q for those that can afford vacations

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
So I'm at a bar and I hear a guy saying he is going to Hawaii tomorrow. Reminded me that I know several people who went to Hawaii, Caribbean, Florida, etc this summer. The Q is WHO THE FUCK LEAVES THE WEST COAST IN THE SUMMER FOR THESE PLACES? Good Christ. Hawaii is the same all year...82. Every other place is humid as shit and generally shitty. The west coast has the best weather in the summer than anyplace in the nation. It's rained twice since late June at my place. (Last night and Sunday morning). If your going to drop vacation money to go to those places, at least do it when it's absolutely miserable here and nice in those places. Say, February? (34-17) It reminds me that people are stupid and I hate them.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Plus if you go to Hawaii in February it can be awfully warm in February.
  • Options
    While at the airport yesterday a guy in the security line was telling everyone he was going to Hawaii. He was old, had a grey ponytail, wore a NASCAR hat and a Hawaiian shirt. These are the people who leave the West Coast in the summer.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    "LOL", remember Kim saying he was going to Palm Spring or Palm Desert in July?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Btw, I'm going to ha

"LOL", remember Kim saying he was going to Palm Spring or Palm Desert in July?

It was late June, but still.

I think he said that was really a great time to go.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    Founders Club

So I'm at a bar and I hear a guy saying he is going to Hawaii tomorrow. Reminded me that I know several people who went to Hawaii, Caribbean, Florida, etc this summer. The Q is WHO THE FUCK LEAVES THE WEST COAST IN THE SUMMER FOR THESE PLACES? Good Christ. Hawaii is the same all year...82. Every other place is humid as shit and generally shitty. The west coast has the best weather in the summer than anyplace in the nation. It's rained twice since late June at my place. (Last night and Sunday morning). If your going to drop vacation money to go to those places, at least do it when it's absolutely miserable here and nice in those places. Say, February? (34-17) It reminds me that people are stupid and I hate them.

I've been to Hawaii in February, March and May. The weather was damn near the same every trip.

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Feb, Jun, and Nov. And I agree. Although Feb is pretty cool on Maui with the whales and mermaids and shit.

I've been to Hawaii in February, March and May. The weather was damn near the same every trip.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

82, partly cloudy?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    the last vacuum i bought was about $1k. it should last a long time.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Is it a Kirby? If so, I hear they are great. I just had a door to door salesman tell me that about a month ago.

• Options

TheGlove said:

Is it a Kirby? If so, I hear they are great. I just had a door to door salesman tell me that about a month ago.

surely you jest?

only fine German engineering.

Miele.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

surely you jest?

Miele.
    Do you have someone to run it for you?
  • Options

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

surely you jest?

Miele.
    in between cleaning lady sessions, i have 3 kids and wife. so the floors stay clean.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

surely you jest?

Miele.
    in between cleaning lady sessions, i have 3 kids and wife. so the floors stay clean.
    "Cleaning lady sessions". I like it. Does your wife believe you?
  • Options

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

surely you jest?

Miele.
    "Cleaning lady sessions". I like it. Does your wife believe you?
    yes. sometimes she joins in.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    did you end up in a bar in Sack Town drinking a tom collins with Race par chance?