Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

so... Washington is outrecruiting Whoregon(lol)?

Sark sure did do a good job in setting up Washington as a destination for top recruits.

whodathunk Helfrich would fail to capitalize on a Natty appearance?

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    "Scrambling" has briefly overtaken "twisting" as the favorite verb of dawgman. Ektard, Bleenor and several others have been giddy with comparing Helfrich's recruiting to a style of preparing eggs. What they don't mention, however, is that Oregon will almost aduredly have a higher ranked class than UW when all is said and done. (Although that's partially due to long snapper, greyshirt, and unranked Bellingham guy
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

"Scrambling" has briefly overtaken "twisting" as the favorite verb of dawgman. Ektard, Bleenor and several others have been giddy with comparing Helfrich's recruiting to a style of preparing eggs. What they don't mention, however, is that Oregon will almost aduredly have a higher ranked class than UW when all is said and done. (Although that's partially due to long snapper, greyshirt, and unranked Bellingham guy

If you're comparing the two classes, Oregon may be higher rated on the headline merrics (overall rank and avg rank), but if you had to choose which school has the better OL & QB haul - it looks like UW to me. I always take the QB and OL in the Pac12.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It really doesn't mean anything until 3 years or so when the real results come through. Yes I know there is a correlation between avg. star ranking and success on the field but it's important to not get carried away.

In a similar vein, I just heard from a friend about two relatively new hires that were recently fired from his Investment banking group. Both were 5 star recruits (1 was a Harvard MBA, 1 was another Ivy League MBA) but neither had the drive because they thought they had already arrived with their newly minted MBA's and prestigious undergrad degrees.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If you're comparing the two classes, Oregon may be higher rated on the headline merrics (overall rank and avg rank), but if you had to choose which school has the better OL & QB haul - it looks like UW to me. I always take the QB and OL in the Pac12.
    Vernon Adams >>>>> any HS QB
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

wdwha
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

I would take 4 years of several HS QBs in this class over 1 year of Adams.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    HFNY said:

It really doesn't mean anything until 3 years or so when the real results come through. Yes I know there is a correlation between avg. star ranking and success on the field but it's important to not get carried away.

In a similar vein, I just heard from a friend about two relatively new hires that were recently fired from his Investment banking group. Both were 5 star recruits (1 was a Harvard MBA, 1 was another Ivy League MBA) but neither had the drive because they thought they had already arrived with their newly minted MBA's and prestigious undergrad degrees.

I saw the exact same thing happen in one of the companies I worked for. Two guys - one Harvard, one Stanford - and both were worthless. Pretty good on expounding theories (most of which didn't even fit the business we were in, and probably complete garbage anyway) but when it came down to actually getting something done they were worthless. One guy lasted a year, the other hung on for a couple more only because top management couldn't believe a guy with that kind of education could be that bad. Of course they both went on to other big jobs and probably sucked there too.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I saw the exact same thing happen in one of the companies I worked for. Two guys - one Harvard, one Stanford - and both were worthless. Pretty good on expounding theories (most of which didn't even fit the business we were in, and probably complete garbage anyway) but when it came down to actually getting something done they were worthless. One guy lasted a year, the other hung on for a couple more only because top management couldn't believe a guy with that kind of education could be that bad. Of course they both went on to other big jobs and probably sucked there too.
    Sounds like they would fit right in at Point B, Slalom, or one of the other overpriced hack consulting firms specializing in overpriced "talent" that can't hack it in any job that requires actual results.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2015

I don't know about that, but I guess it's all opinion. I would say that most recruiting sites have Waller rated higher than Browning, and Oregon recruited the highest touted OL of the two schools in Okun. I would like to add though, that this Washington recruiting class is much more rounded than anything Sark ever acheived.

Also, Canton Kaumatule is now considered by many sites as the fastest rising DT in the country. Rivals moved him up to the 5th rated DT.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Frankly, I think it's FS to compare classes like this. TBS sites all say Oregon has a better class, but that isn't really useful information either. UW seems to have done a good job at recruiting to their needs. Oregon has done pretty well, but LB is still a concern rolling into the last week. Those of you who think that an unproven HS QB is better than a guy who has started at EWU and performed well both against UW and Oregon State... LOL. The ghost of Nick Montana must not bother you much.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course we are. We won the natty.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes

Only area huskies have better recruiting in this class is linebacker u must be high if u think oline class for huskies is better than ducks, Oregon is better now when Paulo and uulave commit it will blow your group away. Remember u have Oregon kid who ducks didnt want so u know he sucks
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    beelzebub said:

Only area huskies have better recruiting in this class is linebacker u must be high if u think oline class for huskies is better than ducks, Oregon is better now when Paulo and uulave commit it will blow your group away. Remember u have Oregon kid who ducks didnt want so u know he sucks
    By your same logic UO has Washington kids that UW didn't want... 3 of them in fact.
  • Options
    Uluave is LDS. He won't even be in the program until 2017, and he'll have to be recruited again. Slapdick.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ^^^ Cuogs hate facts. Notice the disappearance of @beelzebub post Apple Cup prediction for evidence.