Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fotu to Oregon...

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

@Mosster47 So Petersen getting everyone he wants in WA doesn't affect Oregon, Oregon State getting a good coach and staff and sucking up the Juco line doesn't affect Oregon, but Florida/FSU and Texas are fucked because of their recruiting competition. Got it.

We've got all the King County All-Star screen shots we need. Other than Snoop who had one good season and David Paulson I'm failing to remember what kid from Washington has had a big impact for the Ducks in the last decade.

Every year UW trots out a roster loaded with Washingtonians to get slaughtered. Keep up the good work.
    Wow you really have Sark recruiting dialed in. Oh yeah and Don Pellum told me to tell you to shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Danny Mattingly thinks this poast is idiotic
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just when I thought @Mosster47‌ had turned the corner, this shit happens. El oh el, what a dork.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

@Mosster47 So Petersen getting everyone he wants in WA doesn't affect Oregon, Oregon State getting a good coach and staff and sucking up the Juco line doesn't affect Oregon, but Florida/FSU and Texas are fucked because of their recruiting competition. Got it.

We've got all the King County All-Star screen shots we need. Other than Snoop who had one good season and David Paulson I'm failing to remember what kid from Washington has had a big impact for the Ducks in the last decade.

Every year UW trots out a roster loaded with Washingtonians to get slaughtered. Keep up the good work.
    Wow you really have Sark recruiting dialed in. Oh yeah and Don Pellum told me to tell you to shut the fuck up.

Looks like I hit a soft spot. Washingto state recruits will have zero effect on Oregon football just like it never has before.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    Mattingly looks like he'll be good.

Of course, he's not from King County (Mosster47 gets turgid thinking about KC for some reason) and Sloppy Steve whiffed on Mattingly (not Petersen).
    AZDuck said:

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    So Fotu was a desperate, late scramble of an offer? Gotcha.
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Looks like I hit a soft spot. Washingto state recruits will have zero effect on Oregon football just like it never has before.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

I don't take offense to someone who has nothing to do with Oregon other than hating money. If I want a serious discussion on Oregon v Washington, I'll talk to AZ. Yeah, Jonathon Stewart, Buddah, yeah Oregon scoffs at such inferior talent. I just laugh at you're fucktarded pretend-quookisms.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ESPN is reporting the Ducks are about to flip Kyler Murray who is pretty much the top dual-threat QB in the nation.

This totally sounds like scrambling.

Kyler > Cyler

QB =/= LB, hth.
    Perhaps you just forgot Oregon winning the conference, Rose Bowl, and playing in the NC game with an awful set of LB's?

Sure, Kiko Alonso smashes the fuck out of Zeke Elliott and the Ducks win it all, but this is college football. Unless you are located in California, Texas, Ohio, or Florida you won't have the access to kids to be loaded at every position and most programs from those states aren't anyway.

Ohio State hasn't had a legitimate rival in their region since 2003 and now they have one of the top two coaches in America. Everyone will be playing for second for quite some time. USC and UCLA have shitty coaches. Baylor, aTm, OU, and TTech are all players in the recruiting game so the Longhorns are fucked. Florida has three big time programs so it's tough for any of them to stock up.

In today's game a great QB makes up for just about everything. So the Ducks might have to take two guys at LB that aren't highly rated. They are going to redshirt regardless and will be developed into players who will be ready to contribute by year three.

Either way UW still loses to Oregon by three scores.

You have officially won the title of dumbest poster. Congrats!

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,488
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We didn't want him anyway.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

ESPN is reporting the Ducks are about to flip Kyler Murray who is pretty much the top dual-threat QB in the nation.

Kyler image > Cyler

FTFY
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

I'm pretty sure you have 3 WA state commits in your class this year. 15% of your class. Glad to see you are recruiting kids that you know will have zero effect on your team. Brilliant.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Was planning on congratulating Oregon for getting an awesome player and this is the thread I get... Fuck off Quooks.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Such Fags Quooks
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    HuskyInAZ said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

I'm pretty sure you have 3 WA state commits in your class this year. 15% of your class. Glad to see you are recruiting kids that you know will have zero effect on your team. Brilliant.

Oh nooooooooooes, 3 guys out of a potential 25???? Allow me to stop the press!!!

Oregon hasn't taken more than 3 guys from the state of Washington since before the Harrington era.

David Paulson was a fantastic tight end, but so were the nine guys before him not from Washington. Snoop was a pro style back in a spread offense. Jeremiah Johnson was every bit as good as him the entire time he was at Oregon while only being a 3-star. Snoop should have went to UW, Oregon's style of play wasn't suited for his skill set but they finally got him into it by year three.

Fotu was a late pickup that all teams not named USC, Ohio State, Texas, and Florida/Miami/FSU go after. Cool, he's from Washington.

Oregon has had a ridiculously large talent gap over Washinton for well over a decade and it has absolutely nothing to do with players from the state of Washington. Your state is not a major talent hot bed and your program is a piece of shit. Keep loading up on locals and wonder why Oregon gets to 20 in a row.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 has never been one to let facts slow him down
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Kyler > Cyler

QB =/= LB, hth.
    Perhaps you just forgot Oregon winning the conference, Rose Bowl, and playing in the NC game with an awful set of LB's?

Sure, Kiko Alonso smashes the fuck out of Zeke Elliott and the Ducks win it all, but this is college football. Unless you are located in California, Texas, Ohio, or Florida you won't have the access to kids to be loaded at every position and most programs from those states aren't anyway.

Ohio State hasn't had a legitimate rival in their region since 2003 and now they have one of the top two coaches in America. Everyone will be playing for second for quite some time. USC and UCLA have shitty coaches. Baylor, aTm, OU, and TTech are all players in the recruiting game so the Longhorns are fucked. Florida has three big time programs so it's tough for any of them to stock up.

In today's game a great QB makes up for just about everything. So the Ducks might have to take two guys at LB that aren't highly rated. They are going to redshirt regardless and will be developed into players who will be ready to contribute by year three.

Either way UW still loses to Oregon by three scores.

Congratulations. This has absolutely nothing to do with my response.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Kim Jong Un is concerned about the confrontational tone this thread is taking on.

I think that Washington recruits are more important to Washington than they are or should be to Oregon. Oregon has pulled some good players out of Washington over the years, but they are not a major part of the recruiting strategy. Out of 136 offers shown on the 24/7 database right now, 6 Oregon offers were to kids from the state of Washington. Of those, Oregon has secured committments from half of those. That's pretty good.

Since Chip Kelly, UO has changed its recruiting focus from the West Coast to recruiting nationally, which seems to be working out pretty well. Oregon still has the most offers out to Californians (31), Texas is next (21). Georgia, Virginia and Hawaii all have the same or more kids with Oregon offers than Oregon offers to kids from Washington.

Oregon has one offer to a kid from Oregon this cycle.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Obligatory: PUMP MY GAS FOTU!!!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Mattingly looks like he'll be good.

Of course, he's not from King County (Mosster47 gets turgid thinking about KC for some reason) and Sloppy Steve whiffed on Mattingly (not Petersen).

AZDuck said:

You are mistaken. Sark didnt whiff on Mattingly. Mattingly whiffed on Sark because he was an idiot. I heard this from my sources
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Petersen has some explaining to do.