Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sterk to UW

2»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Reminds me of JJ Watt

A real lunch pail type.
    Blue collar kind of guy. Film room junkie.
    Gym rat? Would I want him dating my daughter?
    axe @MikeDamone‌
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Here's the analysis you've been waiting for:

"Ya, I'm thinking this guy is being fluffed far more then he actually should be perceived.

Watched his film. Saw nothing special. (Here come the attacks that I don't know what I'm talking, but the poster attacking me does. Great logic)

With that said, I don't mind taking a flyer on this kid, especially a local kid and given Pete's ability to develop. I'm okay with his commitment, just think posters are trying to justify it by making him out to be something he's not."

Insightful
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club

"Ya, I'm thinking this guy is being fluffed far more then he actually should be perceived.

...riiight because we all just found out UW was recruiting him 10 days ago you DB.

Watched his film. Saw nothing special. (Here come the attacks that I don't know what I'm talking, but the poster attacking me does. Great logic)

...I just saw a 6'5 kid playing in the open field breaking down and tackling people. And like @RoadDawg55‌ says, you like to see small school kids absolutely dominate 2A competition. Roger that.

With that said, I don't mind taking a flyer on this kid, especially a local kid and given Pete's ability to develop. I'm okay with his commitment, just think posters are trying to justify it by making him out to be something he's not."

Phew. We can all sleep better.

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2015

I'm really surprised WSU and Oregon State weren't in on Sterk. I like him a lot.

WSU has a really good class rating. Sadly for them none are from the area and I bet they will have really high attrition in just 2 years from their class.

Agree with you, Sterk used to be a guy that WSU would be all over.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club

I'm really surprised WSU and Oregon State weren't in on Sterk. I like him a lot.

He could've gotten lost in the OSU coaching change.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    2A OKG playing along the Canadian border - no interest from the big time

Fuckin A - sign him up!
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Have a feeling this guy is going to be a beast. 6'5 230 and looks like a football player already. Has the frame to get bigger and under Pete's tutelage could be an all conference guy before he's done.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    With the process this late in the game coaches save their last three or four ships (ILTCTS) for last minute flips from big name players and flyers.

This kid is obviously a flyer, but the potential is there. The Ducks wanted him for the same reason UW did. Maybe he'll be a beast or maybe he'll be a turd.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015

Don't know why you guys continue to make fun of him for his analysis. He has TWO years of experience watching 3 minute highlight films and has also gleaned a ton of knowledge from Doogman posters. Anybody questioning those credentials and his breakdown of prospects can LEAVE!

It sounds like that place hasn't changed since I dropped my account, and if so, this couldn't be more on point. At the top of the heap of all the annoying things about that place, has to be the number of instant expert PSA talent evaluators who have no more depth of knowledge than viewing 3 minute highlight videos that capture less than one percent of the time a kid spends on the field, and in theory, it's his best less than one percent.

Praise be PatHadenFS.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Have a feeling this guy is going to be a beast. 6'5 230 and looks like a football player already. Has the frame to get bigger and under Pete's tutelage could be an all conference guy before he's done.

It's way too early to tell, but I agree, he already looks like a football player, and an athletic one at that. Coach him up while he's tacking on another 25-30 pounds of muscle mass and that kid could be a terror at DE or TE. Purpledoogfan will be twerkin for Sterk and claiming "the flyer" he took as credit for brilliantly recognizing future talent.