Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Warren's teammate picks SMU

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

ArtBriles said:

Waco isn't all bad. Personally I enjoy the Dr. Pepper Museum. A nice family atmosphere.

Plus you can eat at the Luby's where that mass killing happened about 25 years ago (only an hour away), and tour the ashes of the Koresh compound. Also a nice family atmosphere.
    Free pub for @KilleenDawg
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

brchco12 said:

And yet Dallas doesn't give a shit what FW thinks. Yall are sounding like a bunch of butthurt cuogs.

I'm from Houston bro, it has nothing to do with little brother syndrome.
    respec, it's worth noting how many of us half brains are from/in Texas
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    brchco12 said:

common grounds coffee is always a good stop, and can be seen from I-35 as to not scare the atheists.

The owners got a house on Fixer Upper
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Don't even get me started on Houston ...

I love the fact that I spent 8 years living in Texas ...

There's also no way in the world that I'd spend another year living there.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Don't even get me started on Houston ...

I love the fact that I spent 8 years living in Texas ...

There's also no way in the world that I'd spend another year living there.

It's not for everybody, even Houstonians won't argue that. But, I do think pound for pound hottest women in the state. They aren't stuck up in Houston and there are somewhere around 3 million of them.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    brchco12 said:

brchco12 said:

And yet Dallas doesn't give a shit what FW thinks. Yall are sounding like a bunch of butthurt cuogs.

I'm from Houston bro, it has nothing to do with little brother syndrome.
    respec, it's worth noting how many of us half brains are from/in Texas
    I'd say it's because "we know the game down there," but you and I know 81% of the fans in Texas are idiots too. Anybody who claims they are "the most knowledgeable fanbase" is full of shit, there is no ducking the 81% rule.
  • Options
    Texas people thinking they know about football is dangerous because they think it is their birthright ... most of them are idiots ... just louder and more obnoxious about it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not a Texas Superiority guy, but it would suck to live there. Summer is miserable. I did have a great time a few years ago at SXSW in Austin. It wasn't 110 degrees which was nice.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Houston is a humid swamp filled with rappers, oil men, Vietnamese food, Mexicans and hot women: therefore it is my favorite city in Texas.

Austin is an overrated hipster hell (I am a hipster myself don't forget), El Paso is a front for the Zetas, Dallas is chain restaurants and suburuban sprawl, Fort Worthless is pretty cool when you compare it with Dallas and Corpus is for nut jobs.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I also grew up in the Houston area

Fuck Frack off
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    One of my favorite advertising campaigns of all time.
  • Options

I'm not a Texas Superiority guy, but it would suck to live there. Summer is miserable. I did have a great time a few years ago at SXSW in Austin. It wasn't 110 degrees which was nice.

There's a reason I stayed in Seattle after school. Summer is the fucking worst, and that kind of climate isn't something you acclimate to. It sucks forever. Texas in the fall/winter/spring is awesome though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Texas people thinking they know about football is dangerous because they think it is their birthright ... most of them are idiots ... just louder and more obnoxious about it.

moved to Dallas in 2007, first group of friends i made were ags. I went to Kyle Field and got asked, "what I thought about going to my first real college football game", I proceeded to lose my shit on the guy.

After that I learned alot about A&M tradition to patronize my friends

It is pretty interesting how much UW's history is tied to Texas, Darrell Royal leaving for Austin and Jim Owens being a Bear Bryant assistant at A&M when he took the job. Alot of what we identify with as our culture came with Owens from his time under Bryant at A&M.
  • Options
    I have far more Aggie friends than I do UT friends. Every negative stereotype you hear about UT-Austin is true.

Aggies are a different cut. Those that haven't been around a bunch of Aggies have no chance to understand. But there's something unique about them ... and that by themselves is fairly cool.

I laughed when UT thought that aTm was their bitch and would do whatever they said ... and then got left on the alter when aTm bolted for the SEC!!!

I do find it amusing that aTm has this high feeling of superiority about it right now ... kind of enjoying watching them get punched a bit in the mouth at the moment.

Going to a game in College Station and making a trip to the Dixie Chicken and Dry Bean should be on any college football fans bucket list of places to go watch a game.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I have far more Aggie friends than I do UT friends. Every negative stereotype you hear about UT-Austin is true.

Aggies are a different cut. Those that haven't been around a bunch of Aggies have no chance to understand. But there's something unique about them ... and that by themselves is fairly cool.

I laughed when UT thought that aTm was their bitch and would do whatever they said ... and then got left on the alter when aTm bolted for the SEC!!!

I do find it amusing that aTm has this high feeling of superiority about it right now ... kind of enjoying watching them get punched a bit in the mouth at the moment.

Going to a game in College Station and making a trip to the Dixie Chicken and Dry Bean should be on any college football fans bucket list of places to go watch a game.

The Manziel money grab and new stadium fucked everything up. We told A&M to fuck off and gave up our family's seats of 35 years. 50 yard line, 20 rows back. Literally the best in the old Kyle Field. I think my dad is going to get UH seats now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    A&M's GDP is going at mid-2000 china levels, their trajectory is superpower, or implosion.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The Manziel money grab and new stadium fucked everything up. We told A&M to fuck off and gave up our family's seats of 35 years. 50 yard line, 20 rows back. Literally the best in the old Kyle Field. I think my dad is going to get UH seats now.
    I expect that A&M will get back to what they should be ... but it will take a bit. The stadium will be fine in the long run ... just a lot of change right now.

In some ways, I think A&M is going through what we have gone through a bit with regard to having a coach that wants to score 100+ points a game and doesn't care if he gives up 80 in the process. Both schools have football traditions that start with being physical and playing good defense.

I like how A&M is positioned in the SEC, but I also think that they will reach new levels the day that Sumlin decides to go test himself in the NFL or somewhere else.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

brchco12 said:

common grounds coffee is always a good stop, and can be seen from I-35 as to not scare the atheists.

Who doesn't love Chip and Jo Jo?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

brchco12 said:

Who doesn't love Chip and Jo Jo?
    Joanna Gaines is the hottest woman on reality TV. If this weren't the stately recruiting bored......