Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Warren's teammate picks SMU

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

Dallas is famous for their $40k millionaires.

Tequilla said:

The biggest difference between TCU and SMU isn't money ... they are both loaded. It's that the Dallas "elite" feel like they have to always keep up their appearances ... so they do everything with abundance trying to show how fucking loaded they are.

Calling @thechatch‌.
    Ballin on a budget.image

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The biggest difference between TCU and SMU isn't money ... they are both loaded. It's that the Dallas "elite" feel like they have to always keep up their appearances ... so they do everything with abundance trying to show how fucking loaded they are.

So much this. Tequilla has Texas dialed in. The rest of the state would love to redraw the Oklahoma border just east of Ft. Worth.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    And yet Dallas doesn't give a shit what FW thinks. Yall are sounding like a bunch of butthurt cuogs.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

Fort Worth is the Tacoma of Texas, for better and worse. I love FTW, but that's because I'm a hipster douche.

Dallas has some burgeoning hipster douche areas (Oak Cliff!), but FTW is just kind of better overall (especially if you're form the PNW). Japanese gardens there are dope, the whole museum district is dope and there are some legit bars and Mexican restaurants.

Speaking of...

I should actually amend my 'Go to Texas if:' to say "Go to Texas if: you want your future self to be a 40 year-old driving a Tahoe using 20 year old Spanglish slang talking to Mexican waiters like you're cool with them, safe in the knowledge you have voted republican since you turned 24."

Dallas has cocaine, fancy chain restaurants full every night of the week and a lot of Bentleys. It's not all bad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I always thought of FW as Portland and Dallas as Seattle.

FW is exactly what you expect from the region, it's very texan, it has alot of cool arts, bars, vibe, condensed in a small area.

Dallas is a way bigger, busier, and more industrious version of FW with all the same cool aspects, they're just spread out across a larger area.

but from the outside, people probably can't tell the difference.

bonus response: Waco is Eugene, a backwater town with alot of nut jobs that are a little too extreme for their own region and absolutely embarrassing nationally. They now have shiney new helmets and think they can market themselves to becoming football royalty.
  • Options
    FORT WORTHLESS!!!! EL OH EL!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I always looked at Ft Worth as being the old money - which I equated to the older neighborhoods of Seattle

Dallas I look at as the new money and more of the East Side Bellevue view

Ft Worth being Tacoma makes about ZERO sense to me
  • Options
    Waco is every bit of the dump people think it is
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Fort Worth and Dallas do not equate to ANYTHING in the Pacific Northwest. Fuck.

• Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

its the contrast between the cities not actually equating the cities, and keep it classy farfegnugen stick
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Don't try to reach OBK levels of fucktardedness
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Don't try to reach OBK levels of fucktardedness
    This is just good advice in any context.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    ArtBriles said:

Waco isn't all bad. Personally I enjoy the Dr. Pepper Museum. A nice family atmosphere.

Plus you can eat at the Luby's where that mass killing happened about 25 years ago (only an hour away), and tour the ashes of the Koresh compound. Also a nice family atmosphere.
  • Options
    ArtBriles said:

Waco isn't all bad. Personally I enjoy the Dr. Pepper Museum. A nice family atmosphere.

That wouldn't be such a bad day except for the fact that you are, you know, in Waco.

Only time I ever stopped off in Waco was when driving from Dallas to Austin and there is a Hooters on the side of the road. Anything past the access roads off the freeway was way too much Waco for my tastes.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

ArtBriles said:

That wouldn't be such a bad day except for the fact that you are, you know, in Waco.

Only time I ever stopped off in Waco was when driving from Dallas to Austin and there is a Hooters on the side of the road. Anything past the access roads off the freeway was way too much Waco for my tastes.
    I once went to a Sonic there. The bible verses bumper stickers to cars ratio approached one.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

ArtBriles said:

I once went to a Sonic there. The bible verses bumper stickers to cars ratio approached one.
    Then you caught Waco on a bad day. Normally is closer to at least 1.5:1.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    common grounds coffee is always a good stop, and can be seen from I-35 as to not scare the atheists.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    brchco12 said:

And yet Dallas doesn't give a shit what FW thinks. Yall are sounding like a bunch of butthurt cuogs.

I'm from Houston bro, it has nothing to do with little brother syndrome.