Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Warren's teammate picks SMU

Texas WR Xavier Castille picked SMU today. He was supposed to visit with Warren to UW next weekend and many thought he would be one of the final 3 recruits we would take. Looks like we might have to offer that kid from Vancouver with the long-ass neck if we want another WR

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I vote Jayson Williams Lincoln High wr.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015

Texas WR Xavier Castille picked SMU today. He was supposed to visit with Warren to UW next weekend and many thought he would be one of the final 3 recruits we would take. Looks like we might have to offer that kid from Vancouver with the long-ass neck if we want another WR

I read this as we backed off. I think we backed off both him and Holiday. I imagine we are telling kids we are full and only Warren has a 'commitable' offer from us.

If Castille really had an OKST offer and chose SMU, he's a fucking moron.

Also—just to be clear... we have 3 WRs in this class already: Renfro, McClatcher and Bacchanalia. I don't see the need for another, really.
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Still thinking we might be recruiting Fotu Leiato for one of our last couple slots.

UW's coaches reportedly stopped by to see Leiato earlier this month.

No need to visit a player that close to signing day to say, 'Hey, we are not going to recruit you.'

Unlike Steve Kardashian, Chris Peterson does not like to broadcast his next move to the world.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015

I read this as we backed off. I think we backed off both him and Holiday. I imagine we are telling kids we are full and only Warren has a 'commitable' offer from us.

Also—just to be clear... we have 3 WRs in this class already: Renfro, McClatcher and Bacchanalia. I don't see the need for another, really.
    If Holiday wanted to go to UW he'd be there. Don't be a Doog.

On WRs, the west is loaded with them next year...I don't think it makes sense for any non-shitass P12 program to reach for WRs in 2015.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My dad claims he ran the "off the record" part of Dickersons recruiting for A&M. When I saw Pony Excess I called and asked what he knew about a gold TransAm. He hung up on me.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Why do you hate hot rich blonde ass?
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

TCU is the pinnacle of rich blonde ass.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    brchco12 said:

Because the SMU models do so much coke they end up dead in a Port-a-Potty in Waco.
  • Options

brchco12 said:

Ole MissTCU is the pinnacle of rich blonde ass.
    They are way richer at TCU
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club
    Texas is the land of abundance
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    @Dennis_DeYoung has the Southwest Conference dialed in.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

SWC was badass. I used to go to Rice games for pennies and see legit teams. Rice Stadium holds like 70k.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Wasn't it the SWAC? Or was that some other conference. I remember as a kid I had this booklet from 1990 that showed all the conferences and teams. There was one conference that had 8 or 9 teams from Texas and Arkansas
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

AZDuck said:

SWC was badass. I used to go to Rice games for pennies and see legit teams. Rice Stadium holds like 70k.
    It sure was. The 'Pony Express' 30for30 documentary highlights a lot of the insanities from that era.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The biggest difference between TCU and SMU isn't money ... they are both loaded. It's that the Dallas "elite" feel like they have to always keep up their appearances ... so they do everything with abundance trying to show how fucking loaded they are.

Dallas is famous for their $40k millionaires.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

The biggest difference between TCU and SMU isn't money ... they are both loaded. It's that the Dallas "elite" feel like they have to always keep up their appearances ... so they do everything with abundance trying to show how fucking loaded they are.

Dallas is famous for their $40k millionaires.

Calling @thechatch‌.