Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon will be back in the playoff soon

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    SMH @OBK. Oregon would have had the same problems with Bama that they had with Ohio State. Bama was down for Bama this year, but they have the same type of athletes Ohio State does and they have an enormous advantage at head coach. They would have physically pounded Oregon. The national championship was decided in New Orleans this year, not Arlington.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    People who think Helfraud will do the same or just be a fraction worse than Kelly didn't watch some of the Arizona and Stanford games...or the game on Monday.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

People who think Helfraud will do the same or just be a fraction worse than Kelly didn't watch some of the Arizona and Stanford games...or the game on Monday.

Chip got his asshole pushed in by Boise State and Stanford. He also got physically dominated by Ohio State and Auburn in BCS Bowls. He also lost to Lane Kiffin at home. The LSU game was more sloppy play than getting dominated in any way.

Chip had three consecutive seasons where he needed to win a tight ball game to make the NC Game, he failed two of the three times.

Face it, Oregon isn't going anywhere. UW is going nowhere because of this.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

SMH @OBK. Oregon would have had the same problems with Bama that they had with Ohio State. Bama was down for Bama this year, but they have the same type of athletes Ohio State does and they have an enormous advantage at head coach. They would have physically pounded Oregon. The national championship was decided in New Orleans this year, not Arlington.

Last I heard Alabama didn't even make the national championship, gump.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Sugar Bowl was the championship game. Check the facts.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    PurpleJ said:

FO Cletus.
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

PurpleJ said:

FO Cletus.
    Take a break, son. The daily pressures of pumping that gas to just the right amount is taking its toll, along with watching your favorite team get blown out in their most important moment. Vancouver Canucks fans and Buffalo Bills fans think you're a puss-spouting, raging vagina right now.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

PurpleJ said:

FO Cletus.
    Take a break, son. The daily pressures of pumping that gas to just the right amount is taking its toll, along with watching your favorite team get blown out in their most important moment. Vancouver Canucks fans and Buffalo Bills fans think you're a puss-spouting, raging vagina right now.

Bro, gas pumps twice as slow now, allegedly, because of the price drop.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    great "tick tock" thread as always doogs.

On another note, there are about 10 people in the history of people who have outdone Larry Cokers title haul. This idea that a coach is shit because "He can't even match Larry Coker" is about as FS as it gets.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Initially it looked like Slingblade had the program going into the toilet. Recruiting under Slingblade is flat out better than under Chip.

The Ducks made a title game with Darron Thomas. I loved his clutch play but as far as ability he's the worst QB Oregon has had since before Bill Musgrave. He couldn't really run or throw.

The system isn't slowing down and it hasn't taken a step back. Sure, there will he some plays that the new guys won't make that Mariota probably would. Dixon, Masoli, Thomas, and Mariota all had different games. Dixon had Oregon to #2 in their first year in the system. Masoli had them in a Rose Bowl. Thomas had them in a title game. Mariota had them in a title game. Mahalack will have them doing big things.

The overall roster is bigger, stronger, and faster ever year. Slingblade isn't going anywhere and neither is Oregon, that is the reality. The Ducks will be back in the playoff within the next four years.

SCO Ducks!!
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Holy fucking shit. As a new poaster here I had no idea this thread existed. Thank you for bumping.

This thread delivers from the Quooks.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama's most recent natty has me feeling vindicated.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    @Mosster47 You gonna respond to this shit or nah?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I kind of feel like my cautious optimism stood the test of tim pretty well. I hated Helf Y1, was cautiously optimistic after the NCG appearance, and I hated him again about 30 minutes into the 2015 season.

Even so, he is still 2-1 against Petermen