Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What Washington Needs to do to get back to the top

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like they need Stan empermann roaming the weight room
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Even a guy in his mom's basement with a boner in his sweatpants knows that machines don't force you to use your stabilizing muscles and they're for pussies. Such fag, Ivan.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Please please please tell me that USC is doing the same weight program under Sark now. We play them this year so hopefully are superior S&C program helps match counter their 4 and 5 star talent (and depth issues remaining from sanctions).

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I couldn't agree more. It will be satisfying to see the jump from Year 1 to Year 2, not only for the S&C program but culture overall.

I hope we end up being a hybrid between Stanford and Ohio State, maybe with a tilt towards Stanford since they remind me most of Washington from the 50's or 60's to 2000.

Thanks Guys on the information on Coach Socha. I have never met him but He seems to be my kind of guy after reading his article in the times. Like I said, it takes time and we have to give the new staff a chance to develop these players but I do hope to see a noticeable difference by next year.

I am a fan of Coach Petersen and believe he will get the job done. Sark did a good job considering he took over an 0-12 program but it seems he was trying to be too much like Oregon. That's understandable if you are WSU but the precedent has already been set and a culture has already been established. I have talked guys that played against Washington from the 70's all the way up to the early 2000's and they all will tell you that whenever they had to play the Huskies they always had to buckle up their chin strap because they new they going to be in a physical battle.

I am not knocking Oregon's style of play because they have become one of the top programs in the country but that's them. You can look at the way Stanford plays Oregon. Our style has been proven to win National Championships and I just feel we need to get back what's Husky football is all about.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015
    Did Donald Jones just upvote me?

Awesome!

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Hiring these guys may have been better than some of the S&C guys that we've had in the past 10+ years
    Maybe we could have had Aaron Rodgers
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    More proof positive that the new S&C coaches mean bidness... This is Shane Bowman around Halloween, he is on the right:

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

More proof positive that the new S&C coaches mean bidness... This is Shane Bowman around Halloween, he is on the right:

Great
    As always
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I HATE INSTAGRAM.... WHY CAN I SEE THE PICTURE BUT YOU CAN'T!!!!!?????
    Standard Supporter

I HATE INSTAGRAM.... WHY CAN I SEE THE PICTURE BUT YOU CAN'T!!!!!?????

Screen cap that bitch. Probably permissions or something.
    Standard Supporter
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Had to be done.
    Edit: At what point, and from which orifice, does that QB's soul leave his body there?

In today's game that's a 15 yard penalty for hitting a defenseless player.