Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joyner

Assuming we flip him (especially after WSU fired a few coaches), will he play RB, SS, or CB?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    CB IMO ... it's where he wants to play and let's be honest, CB is turning into one of the most demanding positions to play in football.

Think about it this way, when you are playing spread teams like Oregon, etc. that threaten to spread you out, if you don't have good DBs you better get to the QB immediately otherwise you'll get carved up. If instead you trust your CBs to do their job, you're now able to devote more resources to stopping the run and getting after the QB.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I think he is a RB, but because he wants to play DB I think SS would be best for him. He is a real physical presence. Would love to see him and Buttah play together for 3 years.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    After seeing him live, safety. He's very physical.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he is a RB, but because he wants to play DB I think SS would be best for him. He is a real physical presence. Would love to see him and Buttah play together for 3 years.

Safety is probably the easiest way for him to get on the field.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I agree. If he doesn't want to play RB, he would be a SS who could cover too since he's so athletic.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Went on the record as saying he is now a soft commit. And the script begins.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Safety all the way..... until we need a running back.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dick_B said:

Safety all the way..... until we need a running back.

At least he knows Pete isn't scared to move him around and let him flourish where he's needed. #adaptation
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

He's been a soft commit for a few weeks now. There's chatter he isn't happy about their DC being fired. I have to think all the other schools on his list are now working overtime planting seeds of doubt in his mind to get him to flip.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He's been a soft commit for a few weeks now. There's chatter he isn't happy about their DC being fired. I have to think all the other schools on his list are now working overtime planting seeds of doubt in his mind to get him to flip.

do you really want a kid stoopid enough to be unhappy about WSU making a change, ANY fucking change, on the defensive side of the ball?

i don't care how much the kid liked the guy during the recrooting prosess, that's just nuclear FS. that's approaching kimvashon FS, and well beyond Oregondawg FS.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

do you really want a kid stoopid enough to be unhappy about WSU making a change, ANY fucking change, on the defensive side of the ball?

i don't care how much the kid liked the guy during the recrooting prosess, that's just nuclear FS. that's approaching kimvashon FS, and well beyond Oregondawg FS.
    We're not recruiting these kids for their brains. Academis superiority guy should know that.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't even feel like I know you anymore. Are you not a football fan?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

I don't even feel like I know you anymore. Are you not a football fan?
    God Damnies guys. These boys are student atheletes. Where will you be when they wash out of football and can't use a 10 key to balance their checking accounts?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    Joyner thinks he is going to the league. Obviously someone was in his ear to tell him that there are more db's on the field than rb's. He wants to play db and play early. If a better school than wsu can offer that he is going to that school. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he stuck with wazzu as shitty as their secondary is. He could probably start next year. The script however is that he will commit to uw.