Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tidbit on Chris Warren

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
He's 6'2" and 232 pounds, out of Rockwall, Texas. The son of former Seahawk Chris Warren. He's been mentioned by HereToBeatMyChest on the Husky Fan Podcast. Warren's mother apparently lives in Seattle.

On October 31st, Warren rushed for 462 and 6 touchdowns.

He is said to have narrowed his choices down to Texas, Texas Tech, Washington and one other (Ohio State?)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mom in Seattle makes a lot more sense for his UW interest than "Dad played football in Seattle".

Sounds like we might really have a shot. Would be nice to steal one back after losing Daeshon Hall.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every article i've read after a quick google search lists about 6 different schools with no mention of WASHINGTON. Not that it matters in his actual decision making process, but a little free pub would be nice.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dillon part deux for the UW.

Don't want to get my TBS hopes up... but that would be a huge grab for Pete and the offense moving forward.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Does this kid piss purple and crap gold?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    MisterEm said:

Dillon part deux for the UW.

Don't want to get my TBS hopes up... but that would be a huge grab for Pete and the offense moving forward.

Dillon Deux? Surely you jest.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Lars Hansen is guessing he goes to UW. Ektard in a recent recruiting blog said UW could be making the best impression.

It sounds like he was also considering Oregon and Stanford but didn't like the small town atmosphere (UO) and didn't see himself at Stanford academically or something like that. UW's advantage from what I gather is two fold: Mom is in Seattle and is playing a big role in his recruitment and likelihood of immediate playing time. Its a signing day decision and it probably comes down to UW-Texas.

I'll be a TBS doog and say this would be a huge get. They already have Wellington for the next class who is very highly rated. Browning, Eason, Warren, Wellington…thats a damn good backfield of the future.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thanks, I was wondering what his connection to Washington was outside of the odd father played here angle.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How did he answer the ten tough questions?

Having two first names makes me leary....we have one at QB and he sucks.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Lars Hansen is guessing he goes to UW. Ektard in a recent recruiting blog said UW could be making the best impression.

It sounds like he was also considering Oregon and Stanford but didn't like the small town atmosphere (UO) and didn't see himself at Stanford academically or something like that. UW's advantage from what I gather is two fold: Mom is in Seattle and is playing a big role in his recruitment and likelihood of immediate playing time. Its a signing day decision and it probably comes down to UW-Texas.

I'll be a TBS doog and say this would be a huge fucking get. They already have Wellington for the next class who is very highly rated. Browning, Eason, Warren, Wellington…thats a damn good backfield of the future.

Why do you hate Myles Gaskin?!?!?! Plus, I think Wellington plays linebacker at UW. Love Wellington though, baller.
    I've seen people say he's being recruited as an OLB for UW, but also a few reports on RB and even S.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014

I'll be a TBS doog and say this would be a huge fucking get. They already have Wellington for the next class who is very highly rated. Browning, Eason, Warren, Wellington…thats a damn good backfield of the future.

Why do you hate Myles Gaskin?!?!?! Plus, I think Wellington plays linebacker at UW. Love Wellington though, baller.
    Forgot about Gaskin. Thats 3 legit backs with big time potential and it makes sense that one would move to defense.

I think Pete is going to exceed expectations as a recruiter. The big question will be how fast can he put things together. He broke stuff apart this season. No one wants to wait 3+ years but it might take that long.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I've seen people say he's being recruited as an OLB for UW, but also a few reports on RB and even S.
    Seen him play several times. Think he could play all 3 of those spots, but his best two are LB'er and RB (think he will be too big for safety) If they had enough good Linebackers they could have quite a duo with Gaskin and Wellington at RB, they would compliment each other perfectly and we could run the ball a TON.

All that said, I want him at linebacker. Think he is really really good there.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Wellington has great hips for a possible great TBS LB prospect
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ektard recently said he thinks UW leads for Warren. His reasoning?

He went through all the other schools Warren was considering and explained why he didn't think Warren should go there. If he doesn't pick UW, the yards over there will be screaming "How did Petersen drop the ball on this kid? All the recruiting blogs said we lead for him."
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,074
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Does this kid piss purple and crap gold?

I'm hearing black and chrome-gold.
    Either way that sounds like a serious medical condition and I would not be interested in him if that is true.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    FIXED

I'll be a TBS doog and say this would be a huge get. They already have Wellington for the next class who is very highly rated. Browning, Eason, Warren, Wellington, Sims Jr…thats a damn good backfield of the future.