Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Forget about OKGs

LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Lets talk about '90-'91KGs

#beermewhileiwoof!

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Donald,

It's a great point that you're bringing up about culture. Clearly we're in the middle of a culture change/shift with Petersen in his first year and the difference between how he runs his program versus how Sark did.

A lot was made going back to 1989 about the changing philosophy from a defensive perspective in the program. What do you recall to being the most significant hurdles that came from changing from what was done to something new? Was there a point in the process where it was clear the corner was turned and that everybody had buy in?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    thank you for addressing my sad attempt at a joke

I agree that it all comes down to culture, which is a bit of a chicken and egg when trying to cultivate it from scratch.

I'm looking forward to continued insight from you on the makeup of a championship team, and what to look for when recruiting into that.

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Husky football is clearly in the midst of a culture shift. Marcus Peters, fans brawling in the streets, human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

Martha Stewart man, Martha Stewart.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The biggest hurdle is admitting that there needs to be a change. Thank God we had a Coach that was humble enough to realize what were doing is no long working. The T-Set had to go which led to me changing from FB to LB.

Oregon State 89 was the game when everything came together. We knew then we could play with anybody after that game. I think I may go home and watch that game. lol

Very relevant to our current situation. It's too early to know for sure, but it is something to keep an eye on.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hey Dennis, let’s talk OKGs again
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

The biggest hurdle is admitting that there needs to be a change. Thank God we had a Coach that was humble enough to realize what were doing is no long working. The T-Set had to go which led to me changing from FB to LB.

Oregon State 89 was the game when everything came together. We knew then we could play with anybody after that game. I think I may go home and watch that game. lol

Hmmm
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

The biggest hurdle is admitting that there needs to be a change. Thank God we had a Coach that was humble enough to realize what were doing is no long working. The T-Set had to come back so we could run the damn ball!

Hmmm
    Jimmy Lake’d that up.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Recruits not sold on Lake…
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Not one of the Great Lakes
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Not one of the Great Lakes

Not even a finger lake