Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First question to the experts

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Is Sark a great recruiter?

We were told this from day 1. There seems to be some legend that he is one of the best. What is the truth?

How to you respond to the notion that gets tossed around on other websites that Petersen "can't relate to the inner city recruits". Any truth to this?

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That's 3 questions.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I do not believe you are correct, Damone.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I thought you would lead with Shower or Fridge.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would like to here real experts take. I've heard there is a narrative on another site where former players (not at UW but DII) are chiming in. They are saying the OKG thing is "stupid", that kicking off players like Peters is damaging recruiting, that UW is only getting 2-3 star recruits that only have offers from the bottom of the league, and that Petersen is not among the best coaches and finally Petersen is wasting NFL talent.

Would like to hear someone with credibility respond to this. Which leaves out everyone besides Jones and Mincy.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Good Chit, DJ (ILTCHDJ).

Welcome to the jungle and kindly LEAVE!!
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    The plethora of WR's he recruited have turned out great. Mickens is terrible. Kasen is pretty much a lineman now who lines up on the outside. Stringfellow decided to assault a random person because his favorite team lost. Ross isn't even a WR anymore. Darrell Daniels can't get on the field.

Kasen's #2 WR prospect ranking was a great one by Scout too. He was ahead of scrubs like Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, and DeVante Adams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Sark is a good recruiter but one weekness he had at UW is that he was never able recruit a solid OL. But you also have to understand that so much of the recruiting depends on how well your Assistant Coaches can recruit. If I remember correctly he did not take his OL coach with him USC. He should not have that problem at USC anyway. It would be more of an Evaluation process and picking the right guy at USC.

Can Peterson relate to the inner city kids? I think a lot of that is related to the Peters situation and from what I heard that was a time bomb waiting to happen. I have also heard the same things like his is too rigid or strict. I feel its too early to tell. You have to give him some time to change the culture to fit the program he is trying to run.

Good point. I can't imagine Cozzetto being able to reciter anyone. He lefty once and we all celebrated. Then he came back and for some reason Dawgman defended him (the defended everything with the program to stay on Sark's good side). We all knew he sucked. image
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Sark is a good recruiter but one weekness he had at UW is that he was never able recruit a solid OL.

Who needs OL? We can play 7 on 11 with the bubble screen game brah.

The more I look back at Sark's recruiting and evaluate the classes in the context of what they've shown on the field, the more I see that he really didn't have a strength. His reputation is that he killed it with offensive skill guys, but where is the team currently weakest?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Sark a great recruiter?

We were told this from day 1. There seems to be some legend that he is one of the best. What is the truth?

How to you respond to the notion that gets tossed around on other websites that Petersen "can't relate to the inner city recruits". Any truth to this?

The more things change