Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Divider in Chief

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19563211-obama-trayvon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago?lite

Obama also could have been one of the hundreds killed this year in his home city, but he won't say that.

It interesting that Obama knows for sure that the only reason Zimmerman followed Martin was because he was black (which is speculation), yet can't seem to make any determination on Benghazi.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want my country back
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

I want my country back

Please show causation how getting your country back isn't racist.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I want my country back

Pleas show causation how getting your country back isn't racist.
    especially when causation-americans have all the special powers.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Can't we just get back to talking about xs and os?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Can't we just get back to talking about xs Lemon Party and os Citrus ?

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Soo......let's talk IRS.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19563211-obama-trayvon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago?lite

Obama also could have been one of the hundreds killed this year in his home city, but he won't say that.

It interesting that Obama knows for sure that the only reason Zimmerman followed Martin was because he was black (which is speculation), yet can't seem to make any determination on Benghazi.

I can't even construct a fake argument against your stupidity.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Because you don't have one.
    edited July 2013

There's nothing to argue. You read things that aren't there. You bring things up that are completely irrelevant. You're fighting an argument that you've made up in your head.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

There's nothing to argue. You read things that aren't there. You bring things up that are completely irrelevant. You're fighting an argument that you've made up in your head.
    Yeah I am
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Fuck Zimmerman, but Obama blaming it on race is wrong. I guess he knows where his bread is buttered? I don't really give a shit about politics, but I don't think the president should be throwing gas on the fire. This is already a hostile situation. Is it far fetched to think Zimmerman would have followed a skin head? Or a scary looking Essay with the teardrop tattoos?

Fuck Zimmerman, but Obama blaming it on race is wrong. I guess he knows where his bread is buttered? I don't really give a shit about politics, but I don't think the president should be throwing gas on the fire. This is already a hostile situation. Is it far fetched to think Zimmerman would have followed a skin head? Or a scary looking Essay with the teardrop tattoos?

So being black is equivelant to having a teardrop tattoo.

I don't see at all what you guys are reading. Blaming it on race? Where? By saying it might have been different if Martin had been white? Is that some controversial statement?

Obama did a very nice job of explaining why black people are upset and the actions that have caused them to view things like this in a specific way. What he said was deliberate and well thought out. There is no gas being thrown on the fire in those comments. If you read it that way that's on you. You have your own issues.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited July 2013
    There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

So being black is equivelant to having a teardrop tattoo.

I don't see at all what you guys are reading. Blaming it on race? Where? By saying it might have been different if Martin had been white? Is that some controversial statement?

Obama did a very nice job of explaining why black people are upset and the actions that have caused them to view things like this in a specific way. What he said was deliberate and well thought out. There is no gas being thrown on the fire in those comments. If you read it that way that's on you. You have your own issues.
    I like to press the idea of federal civil rights charges which rely on the Zimmerman case being about race while claiming that I am not suggesting that the Zimmerman case was about race. That is what I like to do.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013
    If the black leaders really wanted progress, they would bring forth examples of black entrepreneurial success and say "This is what we should aspire to become as a people!"

Instead, they fan the flames of old hostilities and make insipid remarks like calling Florida an apartheid state or Obama comparing himself to Trayvon Martin in an ongoing process to make every national story about himself.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013
    Houhusky said:

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the like have made a cottage industry out of perceived black suffering, to the general detriment of said community. Sad really.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I have personally seen politics and government consume people's live to where it was an obsession. It strains relationships, causes terrible paranoia, and buckling fear about the future.

I can't understand why anyone would take a party line anymore. Neither party works for their people, nor do they care for their own country. It doesn't matter who the President is or what they say. Politicians and the President have zero interest in the welfare of the people or future of this country. It is about keeping the ultra wealthy happy and paying the favors back to the financiers. The fed just prints money and there is no turning back, there is no changing it and it doesn't matter. There is always a bail out to lean on.

The media wants the public to believe the democrat party is ruining the country and the other media will tell you the republican party is ruining the country.

Hate to break it to most people but there 15 trillion dollars of money out there to grab. All you have to do is know how to grab it. People that think there are no jobs, will only see there are no jobs. People that see there are jobs to be had there are plenty of jobs. There are over 3 million jobs available to operate heavy machinery, fixing heavy equipment, and manufacturing.
    profoundlydisconnected.com/mike-cat-washington-dc/

People choose what to see, and it will affect how you live your life. There is so much opportunity in this planet, instead everyone just want's to blame someone else, the government, their boss, their parents, their teachers. Nothing wrong with bootstrapping and looking in the mirror.

People's hate for Obama? Man spend that energy elsewhere, the guy is just a puppet. I don't spend one minute of time on that guy. Who cares about Zimmerman, he shot a guy it happens everyday and all day. This is not news, don't waste your time, you will never get the time back.