Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Seahawk Mania Steal Attention from Husky Stadium's New Era Season?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

European soccer fans, no shit. That's well documented.

You said European Soccer, which would include the clubs, leagues and governing bodies. Next time if you mean fans, type fans.
    Ummm, no. It's players too. You would know that if you took 2 seconds to read.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soccer is for pussies

Say that in Germany and then pop off!

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Point taken. I respect those guys because they don't flop either. They take pride in being a tough team, same with the Brits.

I should have said, soccer in America is for pussies. The fans are pathetic too. If I wanted to sing, I would join an acapella group, not watch a soccer game.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Point taken. I respect those guys because they don't flop either. They take pride in being a tough team, same with the Brits.

I should have said, soccer in America is for pussies. The fans are pathetic too. If I wanted to sing, I would join an acapella group, not watch a soccer game.

That's because soccer in America is geared towards a political agenda. Obama once said that having another World Cup here would be a "diplomatic coup" (https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZeCZOTFfOcA). The President of the USSF wasn't even a professional player. He was a fucking economics professor. Maybe that is where some of that perception comes from.

It isn't supposed to be a full-fledged collision sport, otherwise it would be a complete shit show. Some of the rules in the game were made to stop it from being a mob of 22 players kicking the shit out of each other. They decided that it wouldn't be very fun to watch like that, and I agree.

America is about 100 years behind the rest of the world in their understanding of the game, but look what happened when we actually got an ex-pro as our coach. All of a sudden we are beating teams like Germany and Italy, and crushing the shit-tier nations in our confederation by scores of 6-1.

As for the fans in America, well fuck. You got a bunch of wannabe Euros that try to fit in by singing and wearing scarves. Why are they wearing a scarf when the MLS plays in the summertime? Do they know that most major European clubs sing and chant horribly politically incorrect things on a regular basis? Or that the most of the songs they sing have been around for years and are ingrained in the culture of the club/township? And don't even get me started on the salary cap nonsense in MLS. The Euro teams don't have time for that shit. It is full-fledged market capitalism and the rich teams are rich for a reason.

So yeah, American soccer is a joke to most other countries. That doesn't make it a pussy sport by any means. Otherwise you would have to stop watching baseball, basketball, golf, etc. Pretty much any sport besides football and hockey would be a pussy sport by that definition.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

European soccer fans, no shit. That's well documented.

You said European Soccer, which would include the clubs, leagues and governing bodies. Next time if you mean fans, type fans.
    It took five seconds on Google to find these:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130410/malaga-owner-racism-champions-league.ap/
    http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/6247?cc=5901
    and neither of those links support Damone's statement.

do you guys even read the shit you type? do you even read the shit you link?

forget it, rhetorical questions.
    The first link was about racism within UEFA (the European governing body).
    The second link was about the tolerance of racism by European club owners.

You wanted links about the racism within the clubs, leagues (Serie A anyone?), and governing bodies. I gave you links, and now you are whining that the links didn't support Damone's statement that Euro divegrass is incredibly racist?

Even Passion fucking stupid thinks you're missing the point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

That's because soccer in America is geared towards a political agenda. Obama once said that having another World Cup here would be a "diplomatic coup" (https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZeCZOTFfOcA). The President of the USSF wasn't even a professional player. He was a fucking economics professor. Maybe that is where some of that perception comes from.

It isn't supposed to be a full-fledged collision sport, otherwise it would be a complete shit show. Some of the rules in the game were made to stop it from being a mob of 22 players kicking the shit out of each other. They decided that it wouldn't be very fun to watch like that, and I agree.

America is about 100 years behind the rest of the world in their understanding of the game, but look what happened when we actually got an ex-pro as our coach. All of a sudden we are beating teams like Germany and Italy, and crushing the shit-tier nations in our confederation by scores of 6-1.

As for the fans in America, well fuck. You got a bunch of wannabe Euros that try to fit in by singing and wearing scarves. Why are they wearing a scarf when the MLS plays in the summertime? Do they know that most major European clubs sing and chant horribly politically incorrect things on a regular basis? Or that the most of the songs they sing have been around for years and are ingrained in the culture of the club/township? And don't even get me started on the salary cap nonsense in MLS. The Euro teams don't have time for that shit. It is full-fledged market capitalism and the rich teams are rich for a reason.

So yeah, American soccer is a joke to most other countries. That doesn't make it a pussy sport by any means. Otherwise you would have to stop watching baseball, basketball, golf, etc. Pretty much any sport besides football and hockey would be a pussy sport by that definition.
    Any sport were players are regularly taken off the field on a stretcher and then reenter the game is by definition full of pussies. If you get hauled off on a stretcher you should be lucky to show up in the next game. Let alone the same game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Any sport were players are regularly taken off the field on a stretcher and then reenter the game is by definition full of pussies. If you get hauled off on a stretcher you should be lucky to show up in the next game. Let alone the same game.
    I'm not going to condone diving. Not a fan. I think it is dishonest pussy shit.

But there is something to be said for someone who will fake an injury to gain a competitive advantage (i.e. getting an opposing ejected or to get a free kick).

I'm guessing you didn't know that FIFA started handing out cards and suspensions for diving. Either way, a lot of players still do it because the competitive advantage outweighs the potential punishments. Just like in the NBA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

But there is something to be said for someone who will fake an injury to gain a competitive advantage (i.e. getting an opposing ejected or to get a free kick).

I'm guessing you didn't know that FIFA started handing out cards and suspensions for diving. Either way, a lot of players still do it because the competitive advantage outweighs the potential punishments. Just like in the NBA.
    I'm glad were on the same page that its a pussy sport.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Being deceptive to gain an advantage is the way of the world. I'm sure you can relate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Being deceptive to gain an advantage is the way of the world. I'm sure you can relate.
    Not really, but I do see a lot of pussies playing and watching soccer. And quit saying "nil" for shits sakes. Good Christ. Someone should kick a soccertards ass for that alone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Not really, but I do see a lot of pussies playing and watching soccer. And quit saying "nil" for shits sakes. Good Christ. Someone should kick a soccertards ass for that alone.
    True story right there.

If you read the posts that I made earlier, you might understand why I hate the pseudo-European soccer culture here (as someone who actually appreciates the sport on its own merits).

Anyways. I think I will head to the "pub" now and have myself a "pint". Scarves up! (even though it is July)

I do appreciate Newcastle Brown Ale, though. That is a fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Soccer will never take off in the US because the best athletes will never play soccer. The best athletes typically are inner city kids, and those kids play basketball and football. That will NEVER change.

A lot is made of the new phenomenon of parents not allowing their kid to play football, but it really isn't anything new. It is getting more press now, but football has always been seen as a dangerous game. There were plenty of kids I knew growing up who weren't allowed to play football because their mom was scared of them getting injured.

Soccer is for pussies, and is the second gayest sport after wrestling. Yes, I undertand that wrestling is a hard sport, and a lot of those guys are tough, but any sport where you wear those fruity uniforms and roll around on a mat with another dude needs to be called out for what it is.

Racist! Passion will be outraged!
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Tailgater said:

There were times as I recall in the 1970's and 1980's when many Seattle football fans thought or feared that the Seahawks would some day eclipse The Fever and pass-up Husky Football in popularity and sales at the gate, but that didn't happen. In fact with exception of a small number of years under Chuck Knox, the opposite was true for a long time. As Husky Football steadily improved to it's peak in the early 1990's, the Seahawks under probably the NFL's lamest ownership badly slumped and nearly left town. Along came Paul Allen, his new stadium and struggles with stuffed shirt coaches and management, but eventually as we're now seeing, must come the excitement good NFL ownership and coaching will generate in a football loving city such as Seattle.

What's now happening with the Seahawks was I believe always inevitable once or if the planets aligned to give Seattle fans what they've always deserved in pro football entertainment. It's truly disappointing and in so many ways disgusting that the Husky Football which once crammed our old crumpling stadium with rabid Dawgfans was trashed and thrown away by our university for no good reason, but that's were we are......... hoping and praying against hope that an overpaid head-coach-in-training will someday find the way for busting the Purple and Black (Gold appears to be dead) out of 7-6 mediocrity. I know that some of you youngsters must be thinking that the timing of what's going on at Montlake versus the Klink must be most unfortunate, but I believe Seahawk success was always inevitable. It has to be that we as associated with a football disinterested university are our own worst enemy.

Be thankful, all of you. In collegiate athletics, our favorite game of football is for the University of Washington like many other "big schools" the sole source of revenue available for operating and facilitating an entire athletic department of Pac-12 magnitude. If this were not the case and regardless of what the Seahawks do or don't do, we would not be dedicating a new Husky Stadium against Boise State on August 31, but looking forward to our Big Game against Idaho State or some other small college at Denny Field.

My God- does your wife ever just reach over and slap the shit out of you? That thought could have been expressed in like 4 sentences. Fuck me......
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

True story right there.

If you read the posts that I made earlier, you might understand why I hate the pseudo-European soccer culture here (as someone who actually appreciates the sport on its own merits).

Anyways. I think I will head to the "pub" now and have myself a "pint". Scarves up! (even though it is July)

True story. I endure overhearing office talk a couple days a week. I overheard a soccertard describe the Timbers "match" last night as "brilliant". I wanted to kick him in the nuts.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Euro soccer is incredibly racist. Passion likes soccer. Is this causation? Where's causation superiority guy?

In general, Europe, in general is more racist that the US at this point. Euro loving libs like to forget this....
    As a ray-cist lib, I concur. They punish Euro teams all the time for their fans behavior.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Euro soccer is incredibly racist. Passion likes soccer. Is this causation? Where's causation superiority guy?

This is in fact causation.

I told Damone to PM you for help.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

Just like in the NBA.
    This explains the new record.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Soccer is for pussies

True story right there.

True story. I endure overhearing office talk a couple days a week. I overheard a soccertard describe the Timbers "match" last night as "brilliant". I wanted to bicycle kick him in the nuts.
    Red card!
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Interesting. A thread started to discuss how the Seahawks upcoming special season might take some mojo away from the Huskies special season turns into a soccertardfest. Another 7-6 season is in the bank with house money.