Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Locker the next Stanback?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Passion will call this thread racist!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Locker lacks the intelligence to play QB. Simple fact.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    You misspelled Lockner.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You misspelled Lockner.

sorry, Lockner v Stanbach.

i stand corrected.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

Good QB's are typically very smart as well as accurate. Locker is missing the two most important skills needed to be a QB.

But you guys are missing his intangibles!!!

When has actual talent ever been more important than a person's desire?

Don't hate, APPRECIATE!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club
    Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM. That being said, from the moment Locker was selected #8 overall, I believed Tennessee felt like they were getting a great athlete and someone immensely marketable to the Southern Good Ol Boy demographic. He fits the mold of a white country boy who is also a great athlete and very likable. This is 100% speculation on my part, but I bet that some scouts privately objected to drafting him so high but were overruled by Titans ownership. That's just my instinct talking, I could be way off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM. That being said, from the moment Locker was selected #8 overall, I believed Tennessee felt like they were getting a great athlete and someone immensely marketable to the Southern Good Ol Boy demographic. He fits the mold of a white country boy who is also a great athlete and very likable. This is 100% speculation on my part, but I bet that some scouts privately objected to drafting him so high but were overruled by Titans ownership. That's just my instinct talking, I could be way off.

Easy for a white man who was born on third base and gets a free pass into the good ol boy club to say racism is less prevalent.

Actually, I think it's apparent that in the last 100 years each generation less biased than the previous.
  • Options

Good QB's are typically very smart as well as accurate. Locker is missing the two most important skills needed to be a QB.

But he came back for his senior year!!! He'll always be a loyal Dawg!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Bleeds purple > accuracy, smarts, and mechanics
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think Locker lacks the intelligence to be the wedge buster on kickoffs.
  • Options

Bleeds purple > accuracy, smarts, and mechanics
    Doogman's best karaoke singer disagrees.
  • Options

Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM.

And you are way off. The shit that I've heard and that has been said around the country is mind blowing. One small example - I have an uncle that lives in Chelan. Well, a kid at a local elementary school got into trouble because he said his dad expressed a belief about what should happen to the ni__er Obama.

Several high schools in the south still have separate proms (rent the movie "Prom Night in Mississippi").

Two different friends of mine that attended the University of Virginia and Duke University talked about the "N" word being used frequently at parties when only whites are around.

If you don't think a lot of the messages being said by "conservative" commentators about Obama are thinly-veiled racist comments, then you're blind or you're not being honest. Comments like "take our country back," and "he's not one of us" are pretty obvious. There are plenty of websites you can access if you want more examples.

The last thing I will say is that a white man sitting in the state of Washington is in no position to judge racism in the rest of the United States.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM.

And you are way off. The shit that I've heard and that has been said around the country is mind blowing. One small example - I have an uncle that lives in Chelan. Well, a kid at a local elementary school got into trouble because he said his dad expressed a belief about what should happen to the ni__er Obama.

Several high schools in the south still have separate proms (rent the movie "Prom Night in Mississippi").

Two different friends of mine that attended the University of Virginia and Duke University talked about the "N" word being used frequently at parties when only whites are around.

If you don't think a lot of the messages being said by "conservative" commentators about Obama are thinly-veiled racist comments, then you're blind or you're not being honest. Comments like "take our country back," and "he's not one of us" are pretty obvious. There are plenty of websites you can access if you want more examples.

The last thing I will say is that a white man sitting in the state of Washington is in no position to judge racism in the rest of the United States.

HRYK
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Yes. There are racists. Derek is taking about in general as compared to years past. I even heard a black woman called a Hispanic man a Creepy Ass Cracker. I guess that proves it.

Yet you over look th new black panthers and overt hatred of whites by many blacks.

Look at yhe big picture. Yes, there was a white prom... And what happened. The kids called bullshit.
  • Options

Passion said:

Yes. There are racists. Derek is taking about in general as compared to years past. I even heard a black woman called a Hispanic man a Creepy Ass Cracker. I guess that proves it.

Yet you over look th new black panthers and overt hatred of whites by many blacks.

Look at yhe big picture. Yes, there was a white prom... And what happened. The kids called bullshit.
    Of course things have gotten better, especially since the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Rights Act (which is now under attack again).

I'm not overlooking anything. "Prejudice" goes both ways, but has gotten better both ways. Attacks on whites by blacks yelling "this is for Trayvon" are bullshit, and the perpetrators should be punished. The New Black Panthers are dipshits, and hatred in either direction is stupid and wrong. But "racism" requires power, and whites are not the victims of societal racism; Blacks & Hispanics are.

Regarding the movie, which kids called Bullshit on it? Certainly not all of them. It was only the kids at the mixed prom that called bullshit, and even some of them were tempered in their criticism. That the mixed prom even took place is a sign of progress, but the existence of the white only prom shows we still have a long ways to go.