Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's interview with Damon Huard.

124»

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

I'm not posting a link because it's not worth it. Empty fluff. Nothing more.

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

If you listen to the King of the Doogs, you're likely a Doog.
    First of all, maybe it's because I'm relatively new here, but I don't know what a "doog" is. If it's a doucheman.com fan, the term doesn't apply. I was booted off the site (permanently) and given more timeouts than I care to remember. Why? Because I told kim he has small man's disease (for not allowing dissent), and because I told eklund that he should be selling insurance.

As far as listening to Softy's podcasts, the only time I listen to the guy is if he is interviewing somebody affiliated with Husky Football (Rondeau, one of the coaches, a player, etc.). Believe it or not, I still love this program and try to obtain information (after sifting through whatever BS is spewed on the air, of course).

Lastly, I may not know what a "doog" is, but I know a whiny finger-pointing bitch when I see one. You and "he_needs_more_time" (the sidekick who "likes" all your posts) should spend less time giving each other dirty sanchez's, and more time offering some constructive dialogue. Try linking a news story once in a while, or an interview, or writing some worthwhile commentary. All you do is sit back, criticize other posters, try to offer 'witty' zingers (which aren't all that witty)...oh yah, and lick each others' balls.
    Doog = An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

In other words, a classic little brother syndrome type who can't handle the success of others.

Softy founded Doog Nation by obsessing over Oregon at the Seattle Bowl. It's all gone to shit from there.
    Ok. I get it. I hate oregon because their fans are classless pieces of shit. They're trash. I hated them when we were beating them in the early 1990s.

Remember Lambright's quote about oregon fans?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,811
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

If they seriously wanted to improve the show they'd boot Baird and put in someone like Lambright.

Although I'm sure they'd be afraid to have Lambo since he appears to be a straight shooter.

Hate to disappoint you, but I've heard Lambright on kjr over the years. He applauds Sark at every turn. Maybe it's because he is involved with the stadium renovation, or maybe it's because he is a good guy. Whatever the reason, he is not the critic you think.

If you really wanted a straight shooter, get a former player who doesn't give a rip. How about Donald Jones? He lives on the east coast, so he doesn't have to see any of these people, and his son was just jerked around during recruiting?

Coaches rarely say anything negative. When Tyrone was leading the program to a winless season, DJ and Holmgren wouldn't say negative word about him when interviewed. Off the record, I'm sure they were telling friends what a shitty coach he was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Passion said:

If they seriously wanted to improve the show they'd boot Baird and put in someone like Lambright.

Although I'm sure they'd be afraid to have Lambo since he appears to be a straight shooter.

Hate to disappoint you, but I've heard Lambright on kjr over the years. He applauds Sark at every turn. Maybe it's because he is involved with the stadium renovation, or maybe it's because he is a good guy. Whatever the reason, he is not the critic you think.

If you really wanted a straight shooter, get a former player who doesn't give a rip. How about Donald Jones? He lives on the east coast, so he doesn't have to see any of these people, and his son was just jerked around during recruiting?

Coaches rarely say anything negative. When Tyrone was leading the program to a winless season, DJ and Holmgren wouldn't say negative word about him when interviewed. Off the record, I'm sure they were telling friends what a shitty coach he was.
    A coach really can't either. He is opening himself up to criticism of his own coaching tenure or if he like James then people will slander his character. He'll be accused of being a crotchety old coach who is bitter.

I don't know why but doogs will always defend the current coach over anyone. Doesn't matter if the guy questioning the coach was a former Husky great it won't matter to the doogs.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was at Notre Dame when Ty was coach. I took the train from Chicago with the recently retired Don James. I asked him what he thought of Willingham as a coach. He told me TOO MY FACE, that he thought he was doing a good job and would have the program back on track soon.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Passion said:

Passion said:

I'm not posting a link because it's not worth it. Empty fluff. Nothing more.

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

If you listen to the King of the Doogs, you're likely a Doog.
    First of all, maybe it's because I'm relatively new here, but I don't know what a "doog" is. If it's a doucheman.com fan, the term doesn't apply. I was booted off the site (permanently) and given more timeouts than I care to remember. Why? Because I told kim he has small man's disease (for not allowing dissent), and because I told eklund that he should be selling insurance.

As far as listening to Softy's podcasts, the only time I listen to the guy is if he is interviewing somebody affiliated with Husky Football (Rondeau, one of the coaches, a player, etc.). Believe it or not, I still love this program and try to obtain information (after sifting through whatever BS is spewed on the air, of course).

Lastly, I may not know what a "doog" is, but I know a whiny finger-pointing bitch when I see one. You and "he_needs_more_time" (the sidekick who "likes" all your posts) should spend less time giving each other dirty sanchez's, and more time offering some constructive dialogue. Try linking a news story once in a while, or an interview, or writing some worthwhile commentary. All you do is sit back, criticize other posters, try to offer 'witty' zingers (which aren't all that witty)...oh yah, and lick each others' balls.
    Doog = An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

In other words, a classic little brother syndrome type who can't handle the success of others.

Softy founded Doog Nation by obsessing over Oregon at the Seattle Bowl. It's all gone to shit from there.
    It's more than that. It's over also over the top excitement for anything that is currently happening in the program, irregardless of what it is. Kick ass pressers, FREE PUB!, incremental progress, best recruiter in the nation, best assistants in the nation, molder of men, five tough questions, no rap music at practice, rap music at practice, finally a coach with discipline, finally players coach, Gilby/Ty/Sark is a breath of fresh air....
    Most Doogs also do all of those things, but that's a coincidence.

A famed former HHB member defined the term Doog as I said it.