Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's interview with Damon Huard.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

I'm not posting a link because it's not worth it. Empty fluff. Nothing more.

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

If you listen to the King of the Doogs, you're likely a Doog.
    First of all, maybe it's because I'm relatively new here, but I don't know what a "doog" is. If it's a doucheman.com fan, the term doesn't apply. I was booted off the site (permanently) and given more timeouts than I care to remember. Why? Because I told kim he has small man's disease (for not allowing dissent), and because I told eklund that he should be selling insurance.

As far as listening to Softy's podcasts, the only time I listen to the guy is if he is interviewing somebody affiliated with Husky Football (Rondeau, one of the coaches, a player, etc.). Believe it or not, I still love this program and try to obtain information (after sifting through whatever BS is spewed on the air, of course).

Lastly, I may not know what a "doog" is, but I know a whiny finger-pointing bitch when I see one. You and "he_needs_more_time" (the sidekick who "likes" all your posts) should spend less time giving each other dirty sanchez's, and more time offering some constructive dialogue. Try linking a news story once in a while, or an interview, or writing some worthwhile commentary. All you do is sit back, criticize other posters, try to offer 'witty' zingers (which aren't all that witty)...oh yah, and lick each others' balls.
    A few years ago, when you're man crush and excuse making for Stanback was irrational and in high gear..that was doog behavior. Get it now?
    Uhh...Stanback (if you want to relitigate) was the best QB on the team. Bonnell wasn't close. And if we had a decent QB coach at the time (better than john pettas), he would've been much better than he was...which was still pretty damn good. Ask Race Bannon if he agrees. Moreover, Isaiah put up with more shit than any QB in recent memory, and yet he never spoke ill of his coaches or fellow players.

I wasn't making excuses for Stanback, I was disagreeing with you. There is a difference, unless you're somebody who always things he's right.
    I agreed that Stanback was the best QB. You're excuse making went into high gear when you said he was a poor black kid from the inner city who had bad coaching in high school and that was one of the reasons he wasn't as good as he could be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

First of all, maybe it's because I'm relatively new here, but I don't know what a "doog" is. If it's a doucheman.com fan, the term doesn't apply. I was booted off the site (permanently) and given more timeouts than I care to remember. Why? Because I told kim he has small man's disease (for not allowing dissent), and because I told eklund that he should be selling insurance.

As far as listening to Softy's podcasts, the only time I listen to the guy is if he is interviewing somebody affiliated with Husky Football (Rondeau, one of the coaches, a player, etc.). Believe it or not, I still love this program and try to obtain information (after sifting through whatever BS is spewed on the air, of course).

Lastly, I may not know what a "doog" is, but I know a whiny finger-pointing bitch when I see one. You and "he_needs_more_time" (the sidekick who "likes" all your posts) should spend less time giving each other dirty sanchez's, and more time offering some constructive dialogue. Try linking a news story once in a while, or an interview, or writing some worthwhile commentary. All you do is sit back, criticize other posters, try to offer 'witty' zingers (which aren't all that witty)...oh yah, and lick each others' balls.
    A few years ago, when you're man crush and excuse making for Stanback was irrational and in high gear..that was doog behavior. Get it now?
    Uhh...Stanback (if you want to relitigate) was the best QB on the team. Bonnell wasn't close. And if we had a decent QB coach at the time (better than john pettas), he would've been much better than he was...which was still pretty damn good. Ask Race Bannon if he agrees. Moreover, Isaiah put up with more shit than any QB in recent memory, and yet he never spoke ill of his coaches or fellow players.

I wasn't making excuses for Stanback, I was disagreeing with you. There is a difference, unless you're somebody who always things he's right.
    I agreed that Stanback was the best QB. You're excuse making went into high gear when you said he was a poor black kid from the inner city who had bad coaching in high school and that was one of the reasons he wasn't as good as he could be.
    I do think Stanback's senior year he looked like a good QB especially with his clutch play. I'd go as far as saying Stanback's senior year was better than any Locker season.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

That is a lie. I never said "poor black kid from the inner city." I did, however, point to his poor high school coaching as evidence that he needed more hands-on grooming at UW, and was less developed by the time he arrived at UW.

Race only came into the equation when people wanted to put him at WR. That's the same thing that people have always wanted to do to athletic black QBs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

That is a lie. I never said "poor black kid from the inner city." I did, however, point to his poor high school coaching as evidence that he needed more hands-on grooming at UW, and was less developed by the time he arrived at UW.

Race only came into the equation when people wanted to put him at WR. That's the same thing that people have always wanted to do to athletic black QBs.
    People want to move Tebow to a different position, people wanted to move Locker to a different position. Eric Bjornson was a QB at UW and was moved to WR his sophomore year then again his senior year.

What race are they again?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Um....yeah ya did. And why did you say he had bad coaching? Did it have to do with Garfield just having a bad QB coach, or did you say it because they were poor inner city school and didn't have the funds for a better one? We all know the answer because we read it at the time. Too bad we don't have the screen shots we need.

Yet, no one thinks price should be a WR, but many people thought Locker should be a safety... Odd that YOU brought race into it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

People want to move Tebow to a different position, people wanted to move Locker to a different position. Eric Bjornson was a QB at UW and was moved to WR his sophomore year then again his senior year.

I'm hearing they are "Crazy ass white cracka's"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

The creepy ass crackers in Dallas did move him to WR. Al and the NAACP should have asked the DOJ to sue.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Um....yeah ya did. And why did you say he had bad coaching? Did it have to do with Garfield just having a bad QB coach, or did you say it because they were poor inner city school and didn't have the funds for a better one? We all know the answer because we read it at the time. Too bad we don't have the screen shots we need.

Yet, no one thinks price should be a WR, but many people thought Locker should be a safety... Odd that YOU brought race into it.
    Not to mention Garfield just hired successful Meadowdale HC and former Husky great Mark Stewert to lead their program. So if Passion was playing up the inner city too poor to afford coaches he couldn't have been more wrong.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

That is bullshit.
    Was Tebow moved at Florida? No. Even though he can't throw a football, was he moved in Denver? No. New York? No. Stanback must've thought, "you gotta be kidding me. This guy gets a chance at QB and I don't?"
    Was Locker ever moved? No.
    There were a few outlying voices that wanted to move those players. That is far different than a track record of moving a certain group of people because they "don't have the intelligence to play the position." The myth that blacks in pro sports are there because they're "gifted athletically" while whites are in pro sports because "they work hard" has gone back long before any of us were born. I think you need to read a little history before saying such stupid shit.

Bjornson was moved, as was another high school QB - Jerramy Stevens. Both played in the NFL at their new positions.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Not to mention Garfield just hired successful Meadowdale HC and former Husky great Mark Stewert to lead their program. So if Passion was playing up the inner city too poor to afford coaches he couldn't have been more wrong.
    What does Garfield's new coach have to do with the coach that was employed when Stanback was there? Silly argument.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

That is bullshit.
    Was Tebow moved at Florida? No. Even though he can't throw a football, was he moved in Denver? No. New York? No. Stanback must've thought, "you gotta be kidding me. This guy gets a chance at QB and I don't?"
    There were a few outlying voices that wanted to move those players. That is far different than a track record of moving a certain group of people because they "don't have the intelligence to play the position." The myth that blacks in pro sports are there because they're "gifted athletically" while whites are in pro sports because "they work hard" has gone back long before any of us were born. I think you need to read a little history before saying such stupid shit.

Bjornson was moved, as was another high school QB - Jerramy Stevens. Both played in the NFL at their new positions.
    Bjornson started a few games as a QB as a junior including the apple cup. Then was moved to WR as a SR.

Tebow despite winning a playoff game just two years ago everyone wants him to move to a different position.

Locker was never moved but many on here felt that was a mistake. Judging by how he's playing in the NFL it's hard to disagree.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Um, no I didn't. He was poorly coached, regardless of race. Race was injected when people (like you) wrongly wanted to move him to WR.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

What does Garfield's new coach have to do with the coach that was employed when Stanback was there? Silly argument.
    I was pointing out the myth that they are too poor to afford successful coaches that you were portraying back then.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

That is bullshit.

Was Stanback ever moved at UW? No...what's your point? Some people were saying Locker should be moved in college (hi Derek), maybe same percentage that said Stanback should be moved. Some people were saying Tebow should be moved. Were the people that said Stanback should be WR racist? Or were the right based on his ultimate position? I would say they weren't right because at UW he was the best QB, but certainly his future was as a receiver. Maybe...just maybe, some people say that. But that isn't a possibility in your race is the issue first world.

You might not recall you saying Garfield too poor for good coaching, and I don't remember anyone on dm.com saying stanback wasn't smart enough for QB (which was one of the knocks on Locker). Again, you bring race into things when it doesn't exist, a red herring.

Is anyone saying Price isn't smart enough for QB and should be moved? Anyone?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

I was pointing out the myth that they are too poor to afford successful coaches that you were portraying back then.
    More bullshit. I never said Garfield was too poor to afford a good coach. I said that they simply didn't give a shit. "Poor coaching" as I used it above means "poor quality," not "poor monetarily." Like a lot of Metro Conference schools, the priority was/is basketball. For whatever reason, they had a shitty coach back then and no offensive linemen. Stanback was poorly coached and was constantly running for his life.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

More bullshit. I never said Garfield was too poor to afford a good coach. I said that they simply didn't give a shit. "Poor coaching" as I used it above means "poor quality," not "poor monetarily." Like a lot of Metro Conference schools, the priority was/is basketball. For whatever reason, they had a shitty coach back then and no offensive linemen. Stanback was poorly coached and was constantly running for his life.
    yeah ya did.

We agree on this much...Tim Lappano sucked balls
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

yeah ya did.

We agree on this much...Tim Lappano and John Pettas sucked each others' balls
    Either you're a liar, you're senile, or you're just jerking my chain. You choose. How in the hell would I know the budget of Garfield High School's athletic department? How would I know if they could afford a good coach when Stanback played?

The simple truth is that football stopped being a priority for many Metro schools years ago.

And I corrected your addendum.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

yeah ya did.

We agree on this much...Tim Lappano and John Pettas sucked each others' balls
    Either you're a liar, you're senile, or you're just jerking my chain. You choose. How in the hell would I know the budget of Garfield High School's athletic department? How would I know if they could afford a good coach when Stanback played?

The simple truth is that football stopped being a priority for many Metro schools years ago.

And I corrected your addendum.
    4th option. You said that shit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Doog = An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

In other words, a classic little brother syndrome type who can't handle the success of others.

Softy founded Doog Nation by obsessing over Oregon at the Seattle Bowl. It's all gone to shit from there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

Doog = An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

In other words, a classic little brother syndrome type who can't handle the success of others.

Softy founded Doog Nation by obsessing over Oregon at the Seattle Bowl. It's all gone to shit from there.
    It's more than that. It's over also over the top excitement for anything that is currently happening in the program, irregardless of what it is. Kick ass pressers, FREE PUB!, incremental progress, best recruiter in the nation, best assistants in the nation, molder of men, five tough questions, no rap music at practice, rap music at practice, finally a coach with discipline, finally players coach, Gilby/Ty/Sark is a breath of fresh air....