Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW "building best WR corps in nation!"

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013

Passion said:

Passion said:

AZDuck said:

The 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on Oregon's 2013 commit list say hey.

WOW! Another post from you like this! oregon had 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on the 2013 class? That is so awesome.

Please keep posting messages on here about the great things oregon (white trash u) is doing, as long as it makes you feel better about yourself and more secure. That's what we're here for.

Hello PassionDoog.

AZDuck's point was that there are OL recruits out there to be had, UW just isn't getting them.

HTH
    Yah...right...that was his point. He could've posted a link to the 2013 recruiting classes of any number of different schools that signed better OLs that UW. Instead he focused on oregon, and yet you're gullible enough to think there was no subtle jab being taken.

And regarding doucheman.com, one of their many stupid policies is that they've come down on Husky Fans that don't take kindly to oregon fans posting thinly veiled insults on doucheman message boards. They say that it's "rude" and they "won't tolerate it." But hey, if you and kim want to be chummy with trash fans that take swipes, that's your business.
    Stop being such a fucking Doog already. He used Oregon as an example for three reasons:
    1. He's a Duck fan.
    2. Same geographical area, so that excuse goes away.
    3. Washington used to be Oregon's rival.

As for Doogman, they've openly encouraged insults to Ducks for years. Does the name Chipocrit ring a bell?

Stop being so blind. His 3 reasons

1. Of course he used oregon because he's a duck fan. That's my point. He did it to have a nah nah nah nah nah moment. If he wanted to be balanced, he could've said, talked about the OLs at another school, or said "oregon's done better with OLs, but Washington has recruited better overall WR classes." WRs was the headline of my original post. But Heaven forbid he be at all self-deprecating.

2. Geographical area thing is BS. We compete against the california schools just as much as we compete against oregon. In fact, an argument can be made that UW's and oregon's systems are so different that we actually compete MORE against cal than oregon.

3. Your third point makes no sense. We have always been rivals with wazzu, usc, and yes, oregon. What does that matter?

And doucheman has not encouraged insults to ducks. Are you even aware that fetters used to do work (perhaps he still does) for educk.com? If you want to hold hands with azduck, that's your business. I've been to autzen stadium (the trash can as I call it, because it contains the trash), and the people there are rude & vile. Not a single oregon fans sticks up for visitors when they're being abused by the locals.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Passion said:

It's interesting. Getting elite WRs doesn't seem to be a problem.

Yet going into year 5 we still have no clue who our #2 WR is going to be.

Player development matters more than recruiting. Always has, always will.
    And our #1 WR who appears to have not improved since his high school days may now have lost interest if his Chelan gambit is any clue.

There was a time when our WR depth consisted of three athletes who more often than not murdered opposing defenses and one of those three was a walk-on. None of the three were mega-star recruits from California, but they managed to eventually start for our '91 NC team and last I looked, none made it in the NFL. I suspect what helped make those three to be so good in college were talented QB's consistently getting them the ball when they were open which was often and OL's that never allowed their QB's to get sacked or even pressured. It seems so easy........ with a lot of help and the hard work that's always required for development.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I think it's time for Passion to go back home.

Door.Ass.Out.
    Tailgater said:

Passion said:

It's interesting. Getting elite WRs doesn't seem to be a problem.

Yet going into year 5 we still have no clue who our #2 WR is going to be.

Player development matters more than recruiting. Always has, always will.
    And our #1 WR who appears to have not improved since his high school days may now have lost interest if his Chelan gambit is any clue.

There was a time when our WR depth consisted of three athletes who more often than not murdered opposing defenses and one of those three was a walk-on. None of the three were mega-star recruits from California, but they managed to eventually start for our '91 NC team and last I looked, none made it in the NFL. I suspect what helped make those three to be so good in college were talented QB's consistently getting them the ball when they were open which was often and OL's that never allowed their QB's to get sacked or even pressured. It seems so easy........ with a lot of help and the hard work that's always required for development.

I thought Rae Carruth went to Colorado?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Jimbo Fisher. FSU won 7-9-7 in the three years before him. He's gone

7-6
    9-4
    12-2

Bo Pelini. Nebraska before him 5-8-9-5. He's gone

9-4
    10-4
    10-4
    9-4
    10-4
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How much better would Kasem Williams be right now had he gone to Oregon?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

7-6
    9-4
    12-2

9-4
    10-4
    10-4
    9-4
    10-4

The interesting thing is, Bo's seat is hotter than Sark's. If he goes 9-4 again, they will probably have a new coach.

If Sark goes 9-4, he will get an extention and a raise.

Door.Ass.Out.

Wow. Advocating for the ejection of a fellow subscriber. How doucheman.com-like.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

7-6
    9-4
    12-2

9-4
    10-4
    10-4
    9-4
    10-4

The interesting thing is, Bo's seat is hotter than Sark's. If he goes 9-4 again, they will probably have a new coach.

If Sark goes 9-4 7-6 he will get an extension and a raise.

Fixed that for you.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Passion said:

AZDuck said:

The 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on Oregon's 2013 commit list say hey.

WOW! Another post from you like this! oregon had 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on the 2013 class? That is so awesome.

Please keep posting messages on here about the great things oregon (white trash u) is doing, as long as it makes you feel better about yourself and more secure. That's what we're here for.

Please stop saying "white trash". It's racist and somewhat offensive.
    </blo

black trash, white trash. who cares just words, and they all live in Eugene;)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    TMacDawg said:

Some irrelevant facts...

Sark (after taking over Ty's 0-12):

5-7
    7-6
    7-6
    7-6

Harbaugh (after taking over Walt Harris' 1-11):

4-8
    5-7
    8-5
    12-1

Carroll (after taking over Paul Hackett's 5-7 (2-6 in conference)):

6-6
    11-2
    12-1
    11-0

Chip Kelly (after taking over after Bellotti's good but not great 14-year tenure)

10-3
    12-1
    12-2
    12-1

Brian Kelly (after taking over Weis' 6-6, which was taken over by Brian Kelly)

8-5
    8-5
    12-1

Saban (after taking over Mike Shula's 6-6)

7-6
    12-2
    14-0
    10-3
    12-1
    13-1

Mora (after taking over Neu's 6-7)

9-5

Graham (after taking over Erickson't 6-7)

8-5

Yes, every situation is different, but winners win and programs that give a fuck about football replace underperforming coaches...

Yea but they never had to take over 0-12!!!!!!!!!! Plus it's impossible to recruit up here cause of the weather. Plus those other schools cheat and UW isn't allowed to either.

I always wondered that about Jake Locker. I bet he would have been up for the heisman in Kelly's offense. He was made for the spread read option offense.

There is a high number of guys who would be studs had they gone to Oregon. I look at Jaydon Mickens and Kendyl Taylor as two guys who probably wont' ever develop at UW but would be studs at Oregon.

Jesse Callier is another example as well.

7-6
    9-4
    12-2

9-4
    10-4
    10-4
    9-4
    10-4

Fixed that for you.
    7-6 will get Sark fired. I know everyone thinks pool boy is a douche and nothing has changed but I don't think Sark can survive no improvement over 4 years especially with an upgraded stadium and budget increase for new assistant coaches. You don't do those things and then tolerate another 7-6, especially when you have the talent UW has going into this season.

How much better would Kasem Williams UW be right now had he gone to if coached by Oregon?

Crisped it up for you.

7-6
    9-4
    12-2

9-4
    10-4
    10-4
    9-4
    10-4

Fixed that for you.
    7-6 will get Sark fired. I know everyone thinks pool boy is a douche and nothing has changed but I don't think Sark can survive no improvement over 4 years especially with an upgraded stadium and budget increase for new assistant coaches. You don't do those things and then tolerate another 7-6, especially when you have the talent UW has going into this season.

No way in hell he gets a raise for going 7-6 but like the original poster said he would get one at 9-4. However if he goes 7-6 I don't think he gets fired either. I think he would then be placed on the "hot seat". Woodward would bring up how he isn't happy with another 7-6 but remind us all of 0-12 and he has faith in Sark still.

Judging our 2014 schedule you'd have to be an awful coach to not win at least 8 games. Our OOC schedule should be 4-0 in 2014.
    Passion said:

Door.Ass.Out.

Wow. Advocating for the ejection of a fellow subscriber. How doucheman.com-like.
    I'm just encouraging you to go where your Doogliness will be welcomed with open arms. You're welcome to stay here and embarrass yourself further if you wish.

Passion said:

Door.Ass.Out.

I'm just encouraging you to go where your Doogliness will be welcomed with open arms. You're welcome to stay here and embarrass yourself further if you wish.
    This is where Harv would come in handy as he was good at running the doogs out.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I always wondered that about Jake Locker. I bet he would have been up for the heisman in Kelly's offense. He was made for the spread read option offense.

There is a high number of guys who would be studs had they gone to Oregon. I look at Jaydon Mickens and Kendyl Taylor as two guys who probably wont' ever develop at UW but would be studs at Oregon.

Kendyl Taylor is absolutely a guy who will get lost in the shuffle at UW, but would have had a nice career at Oregon. His hybrid skills are a much better match for their offense.

I still think Mickens will turn out to be a good player, but with the recruiting emphasis on WR's, he could get lost in the shuffle as well.

Kendyl Taylor is absolutely a guy who will get lost in the shuffle at UW, but would have had a nice career at Oregon. His hybrid skills are a much better match for their offense.

I still think Mickens will turn out to be a good player, but with the recruiting emphasis on WR's, he could get lost in the shuffle as well.

Taylor showed flashes last year as a change of pace RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield. He'd been a monster for Oregon in a few years.

Instead he'll get suddenly senior'd after this year or next year guarantee it.
    edited July 2013

Passion said:

Door.Ass.Out.

REVISION: It's a better place for you. You, kim, and He_Needs_More_Time can invite azduck over for a steam and rub-and-tug.