Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How Kim Grinolds can start repairing Dawgman.com's tattered credibility

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tailgater said:

1. Show some humility
    2. Show some humility
    3. Show some humility

Derek, could you be missing the point of Kim Grinald's What I'm Hearing agenda? The basis for KG's What I'm Hearing along with the radio programs and current flavor of content in his Sports Washington magazine have for some time now led me to believe that it has less to do with obsessions such as what's happening to Oregon as it does with a concerted effort by the Dm.c staff to get absolute control of their product. Could What I'm Hearing just as well be What I'm Saying is what you Dm.c customer must accept on my message boards or else take a hike and good riddance?

Ever since Husky Football went in the tank in Summer 2003 and perhaps a little before, it seems to me that most of the complaints on Dm.c boards have been about the venting posted by so-called nega-Dawgs (we all know who we are) rather than the poor quality of performance by our football program. Dm.c had to ride it out while Husky Football continued to slide under Gilby and Tyrone, but with the hiring of Sark and the program turning around from 0-12 to near .500 the past four seasons, Dm.c management and staff appear to have decided to clean-up what they have and promote the product they want to sell: mediocre to above average football, mostly positive vibe with only lightweight negativism if any, and a glamorous new stadium to hype as more important than The game on the field.

Some things which we may prefer to play with such as DFI are just too difficult for an inexpert amateurish small-time Internet enterprise to deal with and to stay alive, they must find another swamp to swim in or an alternate tundra to woof on. All this likely would now be mute had 1991 and 2001 been preserved as it should have been.
    Nice post. I think there is some truth to your post, and I hadn't really thought of it as an effort by Kim to control the board. I think what you are saying is very true with the "You have no idea the damage Throne did," and "Anyone who thinks the OL sucks is a hater," and "Sark had a great gameplan against Arizona."

He knows he has loyal morons who follow whatever he says, and those morons will gang up and drown out the few who actually call out his stupid shit. If that doesn't work, he can delete posts and gives the mean posters a time out.

Kim does insert his force to set the tone for his board. However, for his recent fuck up, I'm not buying it. Kim ran so far with the Oregon shit, and that is why it is so funny. In October, Bad Apple from dawgboard showed how private messages he was trolling Kim with. Kim loved thinking he had the inside scoop on a pretty big story. Let's face it, the doogs obsession with Oregon began long before the possible sanctions loomed. Kim knew he got duped, but continued with his bullshit agenda and hoped for the best.

When it became evident that Oregon was not getting near death penalties, Kim finally backed off a little and said, "I'm hearing it will be less than USC, but more than a slap on the wrist."

If he wasn't a narcissistic cunt, he would apolagize to his customers. He won't, and it all goes back to his loyal morons. He knows they have his back and will drown out the posters who don't toe the line and actually question the bullshit information they have been getting for years. If that doesn't work, he can delete posts and ban posters.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RoadDawg55:
    Kim does insert his force to set the tone for his board. However, for his recent fuck up, I'm not buying it. Kim ran so far with the Oregon shit, and that is why it is so funny. In October, Bad Apple from dawgboard showed how private messages he was trolling Kim with. Kim loved thinking he had the inside scoop on a pretty big story. Let's face it, the doogs obsession with Oregon began long before the possible sanctions loomed. Kim knew he got duped, but continued with his bullshit agenda

Yes,...... and it seemed like every time the Oregon obsession died down and some interesting discussion started-up on a negative subject such as the Husky offensive line or Sark's recruiting, here came another What I'm Hearing rumor to deflect customer attention away from Husky Football onto the pack wet dream that would become duck sanctions. Are the message boards at Dm.c still functioning as public forums for discussions of Husky Football or are they just a fulltime grist mill where hype and propaganda is the offered product?

Unless Husky Football starts some serious winning and competition again for elite goals, I don't think Dawg fanatics will ever again be on the same bandwagon and the Internet will become a fucking waste of time. One might think that Dm.c's ownership, management, and staff should be just as negative as we are and applying more pressure on the program to make greater and faster progress, but evidently hyping and selling the new stadium is all that's needed. Word over here in Boise is that the BSU-UW game is sold out although I don't believe that can be true.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:
    Kim does insert his force to set the tone for his board. However, for his recent fuck up, I'm not buying it. Kim ran so far with the Oregon shit, and that is why it is so funny. In October, Bad Apple from dawgboard showed how private messages he was trolling Kim with. Kim loved thinking he had the inside scoop on a pretty big story. Let's face it, the doogs obsession with Oregon began long before the possible sanctions loomed. Kim knew he got duped, but continued with his bullshit agenda

Yes,...... and it seemed like every time the Oregon obsession died down and some interesting discussion started-up on a negative subject such as the Husky offensive line or Sark's recruiting, here came another What I'm Hearing rumor to deflect customer attention away from Husky Football onto the pack wet dream that would become duck sanctions. Are the message boards at Dm.c still functioning as public forums for discussions of Husky Football or are they just a fulltime grist mill where hype and propaganda is the offered product?

Unless Husky Football starts some serious winning and competition again for elite goals, I don't think Dawg fanatics will ever again be on the same bandwagon and the Internet will become a fucking waste of time. One might think that Dm.c's ownership, management, and staff should be just as negative as we are and applying more pressure on the program to make greater and faster progress, but evidently hyping and selling the new stadium is all that's needed. Word over here in Boise is that the BSU-UW game is sold out although I don't believe that can be true.

This all relates to access. If Sark was rude and dismissive of them, dawgman would be highly critical of him. If Sark forbid his assistant coaches, players, and recruits from going on their radio show (and he easily could), Kim would be a lot harsher on Sark.

Dawgman would like UW to be good, but it's not of great importance to them as long as they get their access. I have said before, if Ty treated them better, they would have been his biggest fan.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

This all relates to access. If Sark was rude and dismissive of them, dawgman would be highly critical of him. If Sark forbid his assistant coaches, players, and recruits from going on their radio show (and he easily could), Kim would be a lot harsher on Sark.

I disagree with that actually. Ty was rude and dismissive of them and they publicly supported a 4th year of Ty. They obviously hated Ty but at the end of the day they were still on record as supporting him for year four. On the message boards back then if you were to bash on Ty you'd get banned, put in time out, etc.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

I disagree with that actually. Ty was rude and dismissive of them and they publicly supported a 4th year of Ty. They obviously hated Ty but at the end of the day they were still on record as supporting him for year four. On the message boards back then if you were to bash on Ty you'd get banned, put in time out, etc.
    Good point. I always forget about the Dick Baird column calling Ty ,"One of the most respected men in the coaching profession," and their cover of Sport Washington calling for fans to support the program.

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

Good point. I always forget about the Dick Baird column calling Ty ,"One of the most respected men in the coaching profession," and their cover of Sport Washington calling for fans to support the program.

I'm sure when Sark is fired you'll start hearing more stories how he's an asshole as well. I've heard that off the record from a few media guys and even former players of his(including a former captain). They don't say anything because they don't want to be completely cut off.

That's why I hate our media members. They don't report shit as it's happening but well after the fact. In 2009 or 2010 I stopped caring about "the damage that Ty had done" as I was more concerned with what is going on with Sark's program right now.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

Actually, you only started hated Ty when Kim told you to.

/Kimvisionist history

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

I'm sure when Sark is fired you'll start hearing more stories how he's an asshole as well. I've heard that off the record from a few media guys and even former players of his(including a former captain). They don't say anything because they don't want to be completely cut off.

That's why I hate our media members. They don't report shit as it's happening but well after the fact. In 2009 or 2010 I stopped caring about "the damage that Ty had done" as I was more concerned with what is going on with Sark's program right now.
    There are former players, multiple All-Americans, who cannot get Sark and/or Scott Woodward to return their calls. A former Husky and NFL veteran told me Sark has "integrity issues".

On the flip side, other Huskies who have friendly relations with Sark think he's a great guy and will defend him.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Derek, should we not make a big deal out of that?

Damon, Greg Lewis, Hugh Millen probably see Sark quite often so they may have time that overlaps.

We don't know but if Sark is working long hours he may not have the time to call Dave Hoffman back for example. Id like him to find the time but lets be honest...he probably is pretty busy.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    To Tailgater & RoadDawg,

The best "What I'm Hearing" was after the 2011 season when Kim claimed Jack Del Rio could be an option for the DC position.

Yes, a guy who was a fucking head coach in the NFL would be interested in being the DC for a mediocre program and not even his alma mater. Amazingly, several people lapped up this BS when I called Kim out.

Tailgater is right. The What I'm Hearing is just Kim making up a bunch of shit.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It occurred to me that I don't really care if he rebuilds the credibility of DM, let them go the way of Ruth and a new and better set of boreds will rise from the ashes over here at HH.

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

There are former players, multiple All-Americans, who cannot get Sark and/or Scott Woodward to return their calls. A former Husky and NFL veteran told me Sark has "integrity issues".

On the flip side, other Huskies who have friendly relations with Sark think he's a great guy and will defend him.
    Yes I know there are a few prominent players who if not for them Sark wouldn't still have his job at UW who he doesn't even speak to.

Also heard a few UW players who slid further in the draft than we expected was because Sark threw them under the bus(Foster and Polk).

When Sark is fired I'm sure these stories will come out much like when Lambright was fired.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Tailgater said:

RoadDawg55:

Yes I know there are a few prominent players who if not for them Sark wouldn't still have his job at UW who he doesn't even speak to.

Also heard a few UW players who slid further in the draft than we expected was because Sark threw them under the bus(Foster and Polk).

When Sark is fired I'm sure these stories will come out much like when Lambright was fired.
    I never knew about Sark throwing Polk under the bus, but I don't think the shoulder injuries, poor workouts, and bad interviews were the only reasons he went undrafted. He had at least one very notable off field incident I'm sure NFL scouts knew about.
    Founders Club

Derek, should we not make a big deal out of that?

Damon, Greg Lewis, Hugh Millen probably see Sark quite often so they may have time that overlaps.

We don't know but if Sark is working long hours he may not have the time to call Dave Hoffman back for example. Id like him to find the time but lets be honest...he probably is pretty busy.

Hoffmann and Sark have a good relationship.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Sark has integrity issues, because he is a fraud. His line of being a father 105 players is the biggest bunch of shit I have ever heard him spew. I know of actions by him that make it clear he really doesn't care. Unless you were Jake.

Oh and the "hot ticket" line almost just almost trumps turner's "half brain." Turners half brain comment should be put into the husky hall of fame.
    jecornel said:

Sark has integrity issues, because he is a fraud. His line of being a father 105 players is the biggest bunch of shit I have ever heard him spew. I know of actions by him that make it clear he really doesn't care. Unless you were Jake.

Oh and the "hot ticket" line almost just almost trumps turner's "half brain." Turners half brain comment should be put into the husky hall of fame.

Yes I've heard Jake is the only former player he still stays in contact with. The only player who was a Ty recruit that Sark actually treated well. As for the rest? He had this fuck em attitude these aren't my guys.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    jecornel said:

The line that should go into the HOF for Sark is "house money." I would have fired him on the spot for that.

Founders Club
    edited July 2013
    AZDuck said:

jecornel said:

The line that should go into the HOF for Sark is "house money." I would have fired him on the spot for that.

And yet the Seattle media never made mention of it at all! (If I'm wrong about that someone please correct me).

AZDuck said:

jecornel said:

And yet the Seattle media never made mention of it at all! (If I'm wrong about that someone please correct me).
    I'm stunned that isn't brought up more. It was a defining moment for his tenure. UW bounces back from an ugly loss to Stanford and beats Arizona to go 6-2. With two big games coming up against Oregon then USC then two winnable games after that it was looking like Sark was turning the corner.

This was year three and then he drops the "House money" line. Basically told the players, the fans and everyone that there is no point in winning anymore cause we achieved our goal of going to a bowl game. The team responds with back to back ass kickings to Oregon and USC. Then gets drilled by a 2 win Oregon State team. That team ends the year losing four of their last five games all by double digits.

A bigger point was that Sark's goal or the people above him goal isn't to go to a Rose Bowl. As long as he makes Bowl games his job is safe. That's what that quote told me.

That was his "Suddenly senior" moment that revisionist history will bring up quite a bit when he's fired.