Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Kim Grinolds can start repairing Dawgman.com's tattered credibility

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

1. Show some humility
2. Show some humility
3. Show some humility

Comments

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They just can't help themselves. Kim gets totally exposed takes a beating over the Oregon "what I'm hearing" bullshit and a week later he's right back at it. As long as they have a bunch of lemmings over there that consider themselves to be experts, support a coach more beg for more rumors from those morons nothing will change.

I heard there was a thread yesterday about what members wanted in a new and improved DM; multiple people saying "More vent boards" "Keep anyone being negative about Sark, players, play calling etc.. off the football board" and "Make it so I can filter out posts to only see the ones from Fleenor and three stooges".
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Kim just said he was wrong about Oregon and Eklund admitted he gets a boner from hero worshipping 17 year old athletes, I think it would go a ways.

Even so...fuck them.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You can post anything you want here but if you post something I don't agree with or proves that I am wrong you are gone.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

If Kim just said he was wrong about Oregon and Eklund admitted he gets a boner from hero worshipping 17 year old athletes, I think it would go a ways.

Even so...fuck them.

How hard is it to say, "I'm sorry guys. I got bad information regarding Oregon. I should have stuck to reporting on 17 year old boys. I should not have acted like I knew what was going on with the NCAA."

Instead his customers get, "Our credibility is shot? Subscriptions are at an all time high and we have a radio show on KJR every weekend. We are obviously doing something right. I only reported what I was hearing. Nobody ever gives me credit when I am right, but when I am wrong all the haters love to rub it in."

Fuck Kim. He's a cunt, and has no business running the biggest UW football website. He doesn't even know shit about football. I don't even think he watches the games very closely and I know he never goes back and re watches them, yet he acts like he knows what the fuck he is talking about. Matter of fact, I'm sure he barely watches the games because he is too busy pretending to be a photographer. The saddest part is, there are dumb fucks who actually value his insights which are about as valuable as Section 14A's. Only difference is, 14A probably watches the games.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So here's a suggestion, and you can call me a faggot if you want for suggesting this. Why not make this place a little more accessible and see how many people from Kim's precious collective venture over here.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So here's a suggestion, and you can call me a faggot if you want for suggesting this. Why not make this place a little more accessible and see how many people from Kim's precious collective venture over here.

I am pretty sure people who are fed up with Kim's bullshit will eventually find their way here. Don't want to advertise so doogs come flocking and we have a bunch of IMALOSERs, Hondas AZdoog, Izzydoog, CoogBJ (tl;dr water is wet version) etc.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013
    Honesty and respect. It's really that simple.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That site is such a joke. All it has going for it is that it was first. It was completely mismanaged to the extent that it drove off its competitive advantage. Unless things improve it will continue its slide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I am pretty sure people who are fed up with Kim's bullshit will eventually find their way here. Don't want to advertise so doogs come flocking and we have a bunch of IMALOSERs, Hondas AZdoog, Izzydoog, CoogBJ (tl;dr water is wet version) etc.
    Derek blames Harv for turning Dawgboard into a cestpool but it was those fucks who did. At least AzDoog, IzzyDoog and Honda quit after getting beaten down. IMAFAGGOT just continued with his non stop bull shit.

Although I'd LOVE to see Krisvashon, Husky Clause, Section14AFS, Fleens, and Fetters over here to fend for themselves without the safety net of Kim deleting your thread or putting you in a "timeout".
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    There is no threat of the true doogs coming over here, lol. Its middle of the road people who've become fed up with Kim's BS & censoring and frustration over Sark (especially as of the last two losses).

Kim is self-righteous and narcissistic. He will never admit any wrong-doing or fault. Case in point, now is his chance too and he comes up with that BS that its only what he's hearing, etc. That is going to be the downfall of Dawgman. Admit mistakes & fault and you'll gain more respect over time. Kim's crowd will diminish over time.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Basnight (Rivals) and Ruth (Realdawg) have both seen what happens when you start making an ass of yourself. With dawgman, however, it's different because they are the only game in town at this point. Kim knows he can be king douche because people have nowhere else to go if they want to follow recruiting and have somewhat rational discussion about the team. Put a recruiting board, a basketball board, and an off topic board on this site, add a gameday thread, and turn the repeated inside jokes from 5 years ago down a tad and watch Kim's Empire fall
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090

turn the repeated inside jokes from 5 years ago down a tad and watch Kim's Empire fall

Might almost be worth it...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Basnight (Rivals) and Ruth (Realdawg) have both seen what happens when you start making an ass of yourself. With dawgman, however, it's different because they are the only game in town at this point. Kim knows he can be king douche because people have nowhere else to go if they want to follow recruiting and have somewhat rational discussion about the team. Put a recruiting board, a basketball board, and an off topic board on this site, add a gameday thread, and turn the repeated inside jokes from 5 years ago down a tad and watch Kim's Empire fall

I would love to see Kim's empire fall, but I don't think this place is going to be the one that destroys dawgman. This place is like a Quentin Tarantino movie. HH is too bloody and vulgar for the PG crowd at dawgman.

The Dawgman crowd doesn't want to watch Pulp Fiction. They would rather watch Shrek 4. While Pulp Fiction is the better movie, Shrek 4 made more money because the drugs, sex and violence of Pulp Fictions is too much for some people. The HH crowd prefers to let loose with hookers, cheap liquor, and blow. The dawgman crowd likes to have 2 beers at the Dub Pub or a glass of wine at Vino's and go home.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I would love to see Kim's empire fall, but I don't think this place is going to be the one that destroys dawgman. This place is like a Quentin Tarantino movie. HH is too bloody and vulgar for the PG crowd at dawgman.

The Dawgman crowd doesn't want to watch Pulp Fiction. They would rather watch Shrek 4. While Pulp Fiction is the better movie, Shrek 4 made more money because the drugs, sex and violence of Pulp Fictions is too much for some people. The HH crowd prefers to let loose with hookers, cheap liquor, and blow. The dawgman crowd likes to have 2 beers at the Dub Pub or a glass of wine at Vino's and go home.

Beer me while I WOOF!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

1. Show some humility
    2. Show some humility
    3. Show some humility

It'll never happen. Never. They are so delusional with their own perceived stature, that suggesting some "modesty" and "contriteness" is like speaking a foreign language to them. Even when you specifically point out where they're wrong, kim's mind has been programmed to think you're "just being a jerk." kim has a classic Napoleon (Bonaparte) complex, minus the tangible victories, of course.

Example: kim was actually convinced near signing day that thomas tyner (5-star RB from oregon) might sign with UW. I have a law school classmate that lives in oregon in the same area as the tyner family, and he assured me there was NO WAY that tyner was going anywhere but "white trash u" (oregon). I told kim that he was way off, and he ABSOLUTELY TORE INTO ME: "Have you spoken with tyner's father? NO." "Do you know that his father is afraid to fly? NO."

He completely lost his mind and - surprise surprise - told me that I was just being a jerk.

Pure lunacy.
  • Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You'd think that....

1. Humiliation
    2. Humiliation
    3. Humiliation

would lead to humility after awhile.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

1. Show some humility
    2. Show some humility
    3. Show some humility

Derek, could you be missing the point of Kim Grinald's What I'm Hearing agenda? The basis for KG's What I'm Hearing along with the radio programs and current flavor of content in his Sports Washington magazine have for some time now led me to believe that it has less to do with obsessions such as what's happening to Oregon as it does with a concerted effort by the Dm.c staff to get absolute control of their product. Could What I'm Hearing just as well be What I'm Saying is what you Dm.c customer must accept on my message boards or else take a hike and good riddance?

Ever since Husky Football went in the tank in Summer 2003 and perhaps a little before, it seems to me that most of the complaints on Dm.c boards have been about the venting posted by so-called nega-Dawgs (we all know who we are) rather than the poor quality of performance by our football program. Dm.c had to ride it out while Husky Football continued to slide under Gilby and Tyrone, but with the hiring of Sark and the program turning around from 0-12 to near .500 the past four seasons, Dm.c management and staff appear to have decided to clean-up what they have and promote the product they want to sell: mediocre to above average football, mostly positive vibe with only lightweight negativism if any, and a glamorous new stadium to hype as more important than The game on the field.

Some things which we may prefer to play with such as DFI are just too difficult for an inexpert amateurish small-time Internet enterprise to deal with and to stay alive, they must find another swamp to swim in or an alternate tundra to woof on. All this likely would now be mute had 1991 and 2001 been preserved as it should have been.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    it's pretty clear that Husky football is a depreciating asset (despite the 'hot ticket' spin the intern cum AD expounds to the friendlies in the media). As the fanbase has split into 2 divergent factions, Dmc had to choose one to address as its target market. They chose the doogs. It's okay with me.