Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An Open Letter to Scott Eklund

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'd also like to add that like one or two weeks ago it was either Kim or Eklund who said UW backed off Myles Jack at the last minute bc of "character issues."

That's like saying he backed off a pair of big tits, bc of "character issues."

Choosing UCLA over UW is a "character issue" according to the morons at Doogman.

HTH
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

or is this where I get the "and" lecture

Only if you want to live in abundance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You assholes are so quick to cut and paste and throw it in their faces when they are wrong, but where are you when they are right? That's what I thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

You assholes are so quick to cut and paste and throw it in their faces when they are wrong, but where are you when they are right? That's what I thought.

I'm hearing they are there just to beat their chest and they won't last long.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    who isn't?
    TheGlove said:

I'd also like to add that like one or two weeks ago it was either Kim or Eklund who said UW backed off Myles Jack at the last minute bc of "character issues."

That's like saying he backed off a pair of big tits, bc of "character issues."

you seem obsessed with breasts.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    DeepSeaZ said:

I gave up on Doogman with the Jo Mathis crap they put out. It was clear he was not going to sign with UW. Someone asked where he stood with his recruitment and he said something to the affect of right now I am still going to UW. I called BS and Fetters called me on it saying he chooses to believe what the kid says. Fine, that is what he said. It's what they all say. But, it didn't take much to understand he was really saying bye bye.

Uhh...didn't Jo Jo Mathis sign with UW? Link: washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=8&c=1&nid=5870246
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Rather than pile on with the same points, I'll add something different: eklund always provides his "insight" on high school athletes after he "breaks down" film and "performs analysis" at summer camps.

But what business does eklund have evaluating talent? What proven skills as an evaluator does he bring to the table?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Since Greg Biggins is posting almost daily in the UW Recruiting board, what use is Scott. I do like it when Eklund makes a post and an hour later Biggins jumps in and says "hmmm I hadn't heard that". Also, on the basketball board there is some guy named Jason who posts in there daily and is obviously way more connected than that Beach guy
  • Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just because...
  • Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's been a human shield for Kim since Oregon got the slap on the wrist...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Since Greg Biggins is posting almost daily in the UW Recruiting board, what use is Scott. I do like it when Eklund makes a post and an hour later Biggins jumps in and says "hmmm I hadn't heard that". Also, on the basketball board there is some guy named Jason who posts in there daily and is obviously way more connected than that Beach guy

Beach is fucking terrible and adds nothing. The biggest homer of the fanbase is the head of hoops at Dawgman. He's nothing more than a fan, and a retarded fan at that. He takes every chance he can get to bag on Sean Miller and Arizona, when in reality, their program is easily in the best shape of all the Pac 12 programs.

Jason has relationships with area players, and is way more connected to the local hoops scene then Beach will ever be. He is even friendly with Romar and sits by him at high school and AAU games. My only complaint with Jason is he is very biased towards the players he is friendly with.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I agree with you, but the problem is, why didn't you send this letter directly to him? Anybody can PM Dicklund. But if you think Eklund is the only one doing this you are blind.

Every major Scout site in the country has these dingus fuckers, who pester these poor kids. Its sad yes. I wish we could just put a quiet period on scout and Rivals. These dumbshits are getting in the way of a young kids ability to sit down and think about their future. Fuck I'm tired of these journalist wannabe dicksticks asking these kids to name "a top 5". Fuck Me, its JULY
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,165
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Quad makes a pretty good point here
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

DeepSeaZ said:

I gave up on Doogman with the Jo Mathis crap they put out. It was clear he was not going to sign with UW. Someone asked where he stood with his recruitment and he said something to the affect of right now I am still going to UW. I called BS and Fetters called me on it saying he chooses to believe what the kid says. Fine, that is what he said. It's what they all say. But, it didn't take much to understand he was really saying bye bye.

Uhh...didn't Jo Jo Mathis sign with UW? Link: washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=8&c=1&nid=5870246
    Yeah, but still
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,165
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Yeah, but still
    Other than that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

I agree with you, but the problem is, why didn't you send this letter directly to him? Anybody can PM Dicklund. But if you think Eklund is the only one doing this you are blind.

Every major Scout site in the country has these dingus fuckers, who pester these poor kids. Its sad yes. I wish we could just put a quiet period on scout and Rivals. These dumbshits are getting in the way of a young kids ability to sit down and think about their future. Fuck I'm tired of these journalist wannabe dicksticks asking these kids to name "a top 5". Fuck Me, its JULY

Two things 1) what fun would it be to send it to SE directly? And 2) Good point on it being July. However, you could crisp up the post by saying " it's awfully warm for February"
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Beach is fucking terrible and adds nothing. The biggest homer of the fanbase is the head of hoops at Dawgman. He's nothing more than a fan, and a retarded fan at that. He takes every chance he can get to bag on Sean Miller and Arizona, when in reality, their program is easily in the best shape of all the Pac 12.

Reading Beach defend his premise that Miller is a "terrible" coach is just stupefying.

And he defends it endlessly - in the face of overwhelming objective evidence to the contrary. He and doogman are a perfect fit.
  • Options

Eklund's reporting during the last recruiting cycle was absolutely awful, and showed that he has no journalistic integrity (if you can call him a journalist). In some cases, I believe he was simply making things up to make Husky fans happy. Let's take a trip back down memory lane, shall we:

Myles Jack: probably his biggest fuck up. Though Jack made it clear to everyone in the media that he was going to UCLA and was not looking around, Scott insisted in blog after blog not to believe what you hear, that he knew about the "inside goings on" of the situation and that he would switch to UW

Mattingly and the other kid they called "idiot": By far the low point of Dawgman. Again, Scott insisted for weeks that both of these kids were going to switch to UW and that they were essentiall "in the bag". When it didn't happen, Kim started calling them idiots and dragging them and their families through the mud publicly.

Nico Falah: Committed to USC early. Publicly claimed to be solid to USC. Scott says he was in the bag for UW. No dice.

Vanderdoes: Out of nowhere, Scott claimed him to be a UW lean a week before signing day. All other media said that UW was running a distant 4th or 5th.

Patrick Enewally: In a rare reverse-Eklund, Scott reported that Enewally had some "idiot-tendencies" and had burned all his bridges at UW. Magically, he ended up signing with UW on signing day.

One other thing about Eklund is that he is also a huge fan of the delete button any time someone questions where he is getting his information. While Kim at least engages and argues his side (as stupid as it usually is), Scott simply deletes the thread so no one else sees it.

We could talk about the dawgman guys' blunders all day, but let me add to this post. When Enewally was wavering, not only was he an idiot, but Scott said that Enewally was the worst D-1 prospect out of Gahr in years.

I then pointed out to Scott that Josh Perkins was from Gahr and Enewally was a much higher rated recruit with a way better offer list than Perkins. I had a couple other examples of two star guys from Gahr that went Pac 12 and told Scott to stop making shit up only because it looked like Enewally wasn't coming to UW.

I was then kicked out of chat and banned for a day. Kim then had a post about abusing the staff. All I did was rightfully call Eklund out for his bullshit. Everyone has similar stories like this one. Those guys ar

The Quad makes a pretty good point here

Thanks Race, but "Steel" would be fine you goofy bastard

• Options
    Passion said:

Rather than pile on with the same points, I'll add something different: eklund always provides his "insight" on high school athletes after he "breaks down" film and "performs analysis" at summer camps.

But what business does eklund have evaluating talent? What proven skills as an evaluator does he bring to the table?

Nobody at dawgman knows a fucking thing about football. That's why I went to practices myself for the last 25 years. You want something done right, do it your fucking self. Done rely on a bunch of band dorks and art majors (race) to deliver insight. Fuck, no wonder there's so many tards on this board. Fetters brainwashed you dipshits for so long.
  • Options
    AAnd for the record, Sugar corrected fetters the last 20 years, on EVERYTHING. The fat fuck was clueless