Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An Open Letter to Scott Eklund

CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
Hello Scott,

I used to be a Doogman.com subscriber but quit once it became apparent that Kim Grinolds made the site a wing of the UW Athletic Dept. You seemed to be the most even keeled member of the staff until you started getting every prediction incorrect. Then once members called you out on your poor sources, poor intuition, or both you became very defensive and now you are easily lumped in with the rest of the staff as being dishonest, overreactive, and poorly prepared in everything that you do.

I guess what I'm wondering is do you ever feel dirty for calling 17 year old boys, their families, friends, coaches, and others over and over again trying to get some sort of bullshit "inside scoop" on where they're going to go to school and play football? I know 2 current college players (neither of whom decided to go to UW) who said you called way to much. One of them said, "That guy calls more often than an aggressive sophomore girl." The other told me, "I could show you the call history on my phone and Scott Eklund's number would be more than half of all the incoming calls. I finally had to ask my dad to tell him to stop calling me."

Your worst moment came on signing day in 2012 when you got on the air at KJR and started to interview Shaq Thompson. You started the interview by crying like a bitch to Shaq that he never returned your calls. I would have felt embarrassed for you if I didn't know how much you bothered these kids. Instead, you came off as a whiney little bitch.

Now what I am hearing is that you're bothering friends, associates, acquaintances, and probably the nurse that helped deliver Budda Baker to find out where he's going to go to college. My money is on somewhere other than UW. Want to know why? Because you're going to call him and those who know him a thousand times more than all the other jack offs who run fanboy websites. You keep failing to understand that you are actually part of the problem. The sooner you recognize that, put your cell phone down, and stop bothering these kids, the sooner you'll see some of them start to sign with UW. Lots of them don't know the difference between you, Ruth, and the athletic dept. So take the advice that Kim gives to his customers - Just stop.

Sincerely,
CheersWestDawg

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Way beyond awesome
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    the most pathetic part is he's not even the worst of the 3. Watching and evaluating kids at camps as well as getting them noticed is one thing, but continuously calling them as well as people close to them is just wrong for lack of a better word.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing that he's secretly a member of nambla
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eklund's reporting during the last recruiting cycle was absolutely awful, and showed that he has no journalistic integrity (if you can call him a journalist). In some cases, I believe he was simply making things up to make Husky fans happy. Let's take a trip back down memory lane, shall we:

Myles Jack: probably his biggest fuck up. Though Jack made it clear to everyone in the media that he was going to UCLA and was not looking around, Scott insisted in blog after blog not to believe what you hear, that he knew about the "inside goings on" of the situation and that he would switch to UW

Mattingly and the other kid they called "idiot": By far the low point of Dawgman. Again, Scott insisted for weeks that both of these kids were going to switch to UW and that they were essentiall "in the bag". When it didn't happen, Kim started calling them idiots and dragging them and their families through the mud publicly.

Nico Falah: Committed to USC early. Publicly claimed to be solid to USC. Scott says he was in the bag for UW. No dice.

Vanderdoes: Out of nowhere, Scott claimed him to be a UW lean a week before signing day. All other media said that UW was running a distant 4th or 5th.

Patrick Enewally: In a rare reverse-Eklund, Scott reported that Enewally had some "idiot-tendencies" and had burned all his bridges at UW. Magically, he ended up signing with UW on signing day.

One other thing about Eklund is that he is also a huge fan of the delete button any time someone questions where he is getting his information. While Kim at least engages and argues his side (as stupid as it usually is), Scott simply deletes the thread so no one else sees it.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

The problem with the Dm.c staff is a complete and utter lack of any sense of what's appropriate and what's not. IMO this happens in large part because they really overvalue their own opinions, in short they're pretty arrogant. They have become an embarrassment to the UW in much the same way that KJR and the "Husky Honks" are an embarrassment. Completely unprofessional.

An example?

Kim's interview and attempt to be funny with Jo Mathis a month or so ago. . .Kim's first question:

"So JoJo, what's the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? Head to the refrigerator, or the shower?"

Weird, in a creepy sort of way.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    tracker said:

The problem with the Dm.c staff is a complete and utter lack of any sense of what's appropriate and what's not. IMO this happens in large part because they really overvalue their own opinions, in short they're pretty arrogant. They have become an embarrassment to the UW in much the same way that KJR and the "Husky Honks" are an embarrassment. Completely unprofessional.

An example?

Kim's interview and attempt to be funny with Jo Mathis a month or so ago. . .Kim's first question:

"So JoJo, what's the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? Head to the refrigerator, or the shower?"

What did he say? Fridge or shower?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I give this post a 81%
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,074
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This pales in comparison to everything else they do, but they are also pretty poor writers.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

This pales in comparison to everything else they do, but they are also pretty poor writers.

Huh? Bill Fleenor told me on Facebook that Scott Eklund was a much better writer than myself.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I gave up on Doogman with the Jo Mathis crap they put out. It was clear he was not going to sign with UW. Someone asked where he stood with his recruitment and he said something to the affect of right now I am still going to UW. I called BS and Fetters called me on it saying he chooses to believe what the kid says. Fine, that is what he said. It's what they all say. But, it didn't take much to understand he was really saying bye bye.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

"What did he say? Fridge or shower?"

It's OK to admit you were listening, too.

Fridge. . .

Founders Club
    tracker said:

"What did he say? Fridge or shower?"

It's OK to admit you were listening, too.

Fridge. . .

boxers or briefs?
    Founders Club
    or is this where I get the "and" lecture
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Mad_Son said:

Huh? Bill Fleenor told me on Facebook that Scott Eklund was a much better writer than myself.
    Wow, just wow. I understand those guys have their differences with you, but what a fucking joke. I bet that one really hurt you, Derek. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything those guys say and/or do.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Eklund's reporting during the last recruiting cycle was absolutely awful, and showed that he has no journalistic integrity (if you can call him a journalist). In some cases, I believe he was simply making things up to make Husky fans happy. Let's take a trip back down memory lane, shall we:

Myles Jack: probably his biggest fuck up. Though Jack made it clear to everyone in the media that he was going to UCLA and was not looking around, Scott insisted in blog after blog not to believe what you hear, that he knew about the "inside goings on" of the situation and that he would switch to UW

Mattingly and the other kid they called "idiot": By far the low point of Dawgman. Again, Scott insisted for weeks that both of these kids were going to switch to UW and that they were essentiall "in the bag". When it didn't happen, Kim started calling them idiots and dragging them and their families through the mud publicly.

Nico Falah: Committed to USC early. Publicly claimed to be solid to USC. Scott says he was in the bag for UW. No dice.

Vanderdoes: Out of nowhere, Scott claimed him to be a UW lean a week before signing day. All other media said that UW was running a distant 4th or 5th.

Patrick Enewally: In a rare reverse-Eklund, Scott reported that Enewally had some "idiot-tendencies" and had burned all his bridges at UW. Magically, he ended up signing with UW on signing day.

One other thing about Eklund is that he is also a huge fan of the delete button any time someone questions where he is getting his information. While Kim at least engages and argues his side (as stupid as it usually is), Scott simply deletes the thread so no one else sees it.

We could talk about the dawgman guys' blunders all day, but let me add to this post. When Enewally was wavering, not only was he an idiot, but Scott said that Enewally was the worst D-1 prospect out of Gahr in years.

I then pointed out to Scott that Josh Perkins was from Gahr and Enewally was a much higher rated recruit with a way better offer list than Perkins. I had a couple other examples of two star guys from Gahr that went Pac 12 and told Scott to stop making shit up only because it looked like Enewally wasn't coming to UW.

I was then kicked out of chat and banned for a day. Kim then had a post about abusing the staff. All I did was rightfully call Eklund out for his bullshit. Everyone has similar stories like this one. Those guys are a joke.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

DeepSeaZ said:

I gave up on Doogman with the Jo Mathis crap they put out. It was clear he was not going to sign with UW. Someone asked where he stood with his recruitment and he said something to the affect of right now I am still going to UW. I called BS and Fetters called me on it saying he chooses to believe what the kid says. Fine, that is what he said. It's what they all say. But, it didn't take much to understand he was really saying bye bye.

I think you're talking about Daeshon Hall, not Mathis (he signed with UW but will bring down the average GPA of all incoming UW students by a whole point if he gets in). Yeah. The Hall story was interesting and one I forgot to mention. In January one of Scout's little girl interns posted that Hall was seriously looking at Texas A & M. Both Scott and Fetters said "haha, thanks for the update sweetie, but you don't have the "inside sources" we have. Hall is 100% to UW. Run along now" (she was blonde, btw). I asked Fetters about the Hall thing myself and he said "100% to UW, stop asking".
    Their explanation for that fuck up (and many others) was, "Oh, you know how teenagers are, they change their mind all the time!" I guess they made enough money from that creepy 6 am recruiting party that accuracy is an afterthought.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    tracker said:

An example?

Kim's voice is a perfect pitch for creepy.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I'd also like to add that like one or two weeks ago it was either Kim or Eklund who said UW backed off Myles Jack at the last minute bc of "character issues."

That's like saying he backed off a pair of big tits, bc of "character issues."
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'd also like to add that like one or two weeks ago it was either Kim or Eklund who said UW backed off Myles Jack at the last minute bc of "character issues."

That's like saying he backed off a pair of big tits, bc of "character issues."

you seem obsessed with breasts.