Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Major grocer cuts health benefits for part-time workers

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The people in the other Washington are so out of touch with reality. In the real world, over 120 of my PT workers lost hours. Luckily I am in a military community where a lot of military spouses and the active duty members themselves like to work PT, and want HOURS, not benefits. The other large % of the PT employees were college students.

When word of the bill was spreading, we were required to make sure these folks NEVER went above 28 hrs per week. Some these people we hitting 40 hrs/wk and as long as we did not do it for 8 straight weeks, they were fine.

That was a lot of cash taken straight out of the pockets of people who did not want or need healthcare.

The people in the other Washington know exactly what they're doing in most cases
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    They want to hurt the economy for some perverse grander global vision
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    But if employers are cutting part time workers hours that's more money into the job creators pockets which they will then use to hire more employees. That means more job and less unemployment. It's called trickle down economics. Look it up.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am against health care, because I hope I die before I get old.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

"If you like your doctor or health insurance you can keep it" - President Obama

Forgive the low tweak.

He should've used AND instead of OR.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The people in the other Washington are so out of touch with reality. In the real world, over 120 of my PT workers lost hours. Luckily I am in a military community where a lot of military spouses and the active duty members themselves like to work PT, and want HOURS, not benefits. The other large % of the PT employees were college students.

When word of the bill was spreading, we were required to make sure these folks NEVER went above 28 hrs per week. Some these people we hitting 40 hrs/wk and as long as we did not do it for 8 straight weeks, they were fine.

That was a lot of cash taken straight out of the pockets of people who did not want or need healthcare.

I like to pretend that the other Washington is different than the state of Washington, even though both are run by drippy cunts. I do that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

But if employers are cutting part time workers hours that's more money into the job creators pockets which they will then use to hire more employees. That means more job and less unemployment. It's called trickle down economics. Look it up.

Actually, it's not.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Actually, it's not.
    Indeed, it's actually the opposite.

It's not even worth it with you dumb fucks.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Please...I'm very interested in your math on this. Let's hear it.
    Founders Club

Indeed. Please tell us how massive government regulation and taxation (as I'm sure you're aware, Obamacare, its mandates, penalties and fees have been ruled tantamount to taxation) squares with Supply Side Economics? Didn't think so.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Indeed. Please tell us how massive government regulation and taxation (as I'm sure you're aware, Obamacare, its mandates, penalties and fees have been ruled tantamount to taxation) squares with Supply Side Economics? Didn't think so.
    Or just simple math... If I have one person working 30 hours a week for $10 an hour, and I cut that person to 15 hours and hire an additional person for 15 hours a week.... Well, if you can't see that that doesn't line the owners pocket, I can't help you.

Plus, "Trickle down" isn't a real thing in economics. It's political BS.

Founders Club

Or just simple math... If I have one person working 30 hours a week for $10 an hour, and I cut that person to 15 hours and hire an additional person for 15 hours a week.... Well, if you can't see that that doesn't line the owners pocket, I can't help you.

Plus, "Trickle down" isn't a real thing in economics. It's political BS.

QED
    Living in a bubble must be fun. I almost wish I had been trying to make a real point.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Living in a bubble must be fun. I almost wish I had been trying to make a real point.

Let's hear your side....or are you still stuck trying to figure out why you think zimmerman should be in jail even though he didn't break the law?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty sure the commie was making a joke
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You're not very good at this.
    Swaye said:

You're not very good at this.
    That's because you don't see what I'm doing.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AHCA AKA "Obama Care" aside, no one can defend the amount of corruption and waste in health scare as well as the pharmaceutical companies right now...

We prescribe 18 times more meds for kids with ADHD than do the French..total racket..
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited July 2013

AHCA AKA "Obama Care" aside, no one can defend the amount of corruption and waste in health scare as well as the pharmaceutical companies right now...

We prescribe 18 times more meds for kids with ADHD than do the French..total racket..

Is that corruption or just really shitty parenting tied with laziness...?

Parents who tried babysitting their kids with TV and now attempt to suppress their misguided energy with drugs, wouldnt this kind of thing continue with out without obamacare/AHCA or any other thing?

(yes I fucking know some kids really do need it)