Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJR Drivetime in now unbearable to listen to

WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
edited March 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Elise (or how ever you spell her name) can not carry a show on her own, especially at that time. First of all, she really doesn't know her sports history. Too many mistakes.

Comments

• Options
    PolkHigh33PolkHigh33 Member Posts: 43
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You have listened to it at least one more time than I have. For the most part, everyone on local sports radio can go. I like Brock and Salk, Furness and Puckett (?) are okay. That's about it for me.
  • Options
    Am I really the only one that listens to KJR?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tommy has said he listens to KJR.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,104
    If you like Puckett and Furness, you are clearly a Coug troll.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I do but since we live in BFE, 102.9 is really the only option.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    KJR is the voice of everything that is wrong with Husky football.
  • Options

Says the guy wearing Nikes.

• Options

Tommy has said he listens to KJR.
    I heard them (Furness) ripping on Tommy by name one day regarding some Twittering.
  • Options
    FREE PUB!!

I don't recall what it was over but I received several calls. Something about Mora though.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I can tolerate Mitch and then Cougs in the afternoon on KJR. I like Mike and Mike, Brock and Salk and then the Jim Moore-Kevin Calabro show in the afternoon.

As I type this, I see 1 common thread and that's other than Brock Huard, there are no homer Husky fans in my list.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Elise (or how ever you spell her name) can not carry a show on her own, especially at that time. First of all, she really doesn't know her sports history. Too many mistakes.

You get Kjr in Longview?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Says the guy wearing Nikes.

1. Wearing New Balance shoes.
    2. Why do you hate all that precious Nike money that balances the UW AD books?

• Options

You get Kjr in Longview?

Loud and clear. I can get KJR all the way into downtown Vancouver. The only place is struggles is between Todd and Dike (hehehe) roads between Kalama and Woodland.

But I also get KNBR crystal clear in the evenings.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    When I was a teenager spending parts of my summer in Longview, I enjoyed tuning in to KGO and other stations from the Bay Area late at night.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam

When I was a teenager spending parts of my summer in Longview, I enjoyed tuning in to KGO and other stations from the Bay Area late at night.

With your dad?

• Options
    Founders Club

With your dad?

Nope, he was usually back in Seattle. No tear-jerking Harvey Roadesque story here.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What do you mean it's unbearable now? It's been horrible for years. Elise isn't that great, she lives in the same snow globe that Dick Fain does where 7-6>7-6. KIRO isn't much better.
  • Options

You get Kjr in Longview?

Loud and clear. I can get KJR all the way into downtown Vancouver. The only place is struggles is between Todd and Dike (hehehe) roads between Kalama and Woodland.

As a Giant fan, when I was playing baseball in Centralia in the early 90's, I loved listening to KNBR 670 clear as day....Will the Thrill...

Also, I get KJR 102.9 in Portland. we did a couple jobs there this summer/fall and its comes in though its fuzzy a bit and depends on the vehicle.

Dike Access Rd...One time as a young teen, my buddy and I rode with his father who was much older than my dad (I think he may have been in his 50's then) were meeting his mom at the Oak Tree for dinner and to pick her up halfway from her trip to Corvallis. Anyway, his dad was a man of few words and we were typical teenage boys in the back poking each other over "Dike" when his dad blurts out " Dike Access Rd....that must be where all the lesbians go". We roared with laughter.....funniest moment ever. (Fuck off...I know you had to be there). To this day, we each text or call each other when we pass Dike Access Rd. His bitch of an ex-wife moved to Vantucky with his kids so he is there nearly every weekend. I say bitch not because she left him but because they had over $80k in cc debt unbeknownst to him. She was fugly as well...

• Options
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

You get Kjr in Longview?

As a Giant fan, when I was playing baseball in Centralia in the early 90's, I loved listening to KNBR 670 clear as day....Will the Thrill...

Also, I get KJR 102.9 in Portland. we did a couple jobs there this summer/fall and its comes in though its fuzzy a bit and depends on the vehicle.

Dike Access Rd...One time as a young teen, my buddy and I rode with his father who was much older than my dad (I think he may have been in his 50's then) were meeting his mom at the Oak Tree for dinner and to pick her up halfway from her trip to Corvallis. Anyway, his dad was a man of few words and we were typical teenage boys in the back poking each other over "Dike" when his dad blurts out " Dike Access Rd....that must be where all the lesbians go". We roared with laughter.....funniest moment ever. (Fuck off...I know you had to be there). To this day, we each text or call each other when we pass Dike Access Rd. His bitch of an ex-wife moved to Vantucky with his kids so he is there nearly every weekend. I say bitch not because she left him but because they had over $80k in cc debt unbeknownst to him. She was fugly as well...

This could be a transcript for a Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story" segment.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Typical centrailia/Longview/woodland husky fans. Probably didn't even go to college. Seahawk type of fans. This is what happens when the AD drives out the well healed alumni.

Hi Harv!